Wednesday, November 22, 2017

11/22/17 Report - More Reales Found On Beach Last Week. Mystery Item and Miscellaneous Finds. Treasure Coast Beaches.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

John Brooks Beach Yesterday.
The beach at John Brooks was firmer than it looked.

Walton Rocks Yesterday.
You can see the dip in front of the beach and course materials (small shell pieces) along the beach.


Turtle Trail Yesterday
Photo by Darrel S.
We had a pretty good week last week.  The beaches aren't that good now.  Darrel says that the only the tops of some bags are now showing at Turtle Trail.

Some of Darrel's FindsPhoto by Darrel
Notice the cut penny in the upper right corner of the photo.  This isn't the first one that people have shown me lately.  It seems someone is doing that again.

Below is a mystery item found last week.

Front of Item
Photo by DB

Back of Same Item
Photo by DB
DB (not Dan B.) who found it said, I was wondering if you could help ID this object. Found it during the last set of north winds that came through. I put it next to a tab for size reference. It's lead.

I'm surprised it is lead. It appears to be attached to something by iron. The person said the bottom part sticking down is round and not broken off.

I can't place it. Any ideas? Let me know what you think.


They were found around the same time this one real and half real were found by the same person.

One Real and Half  Real Last Week
Found by DB
I posted what looked like might be a heavily encrusted bracelet last week.  It was found by Scott in the Cape Canaveral area.  It turned out to be the badly corroded earring shown below. 

Earring Find After Cleaning.
Find and photo by Scott

I picked up some fossils yesterday.  I'll talk more about that some other time.

When you submit reports or photos, please include your first name and last initial.  That is generally what I post.  If you want me to post your full name, just let me know, or if you don't like any of those options, please provide a unique pseudonym as an identifier.  It  will help me if you do that with each message.  I get a lot of email and don't always remember how each person wants to be identified.

Happy Thanksgiving.
TreasureGuide@comcast.net