Monday, January 29, 2018

1/29/18 Report - Recent Beach Conditions and Finds. Gold Rose Pendant. Lead Item.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Frederick Douglas Beach Sunday Near Low Tide
This is a good picture that shows a lot.  Notice the line of white water where the water is crashing into the front of the sand bar.  That line of crashing white water shows you where the sand bar is.  The sand bar extends out from the front of the beach maybe forty yards or more.  That means that any cobs being washed in from farther out would have to come over that bar or the bar would have to be moved.


Orange Line Is In Front of the White Water Line I Was Talking About.
Here is the same photo, but I added the orange line to illustrate what I was talking about.

John Brooks Beach Sunday Near Low Tide.
John Brooks looked smooth and mushy.

Blind Creek Beach.

Here is an area that produced scattered clad coins.  Not the cuts at the top of the beach and the slope.  This is not one of the shipwreck beaches.  I just stopped there and noticed the cuts and how the beach had been moved back and decided to pick up some of the the easy targets.

Small Gold Diamond Pendant Find.

Along with the clad was this nice little pendant that fits nicely with the thin chain I found the last time I detected.  The diamond chip is really small.

There was another beach to the north that was also cut back and produced scattered clad coins that I thought would have been picked up by detectorists the day before.


Young Fellow In A Big Hole.
Photo submitted by DB
DB sent in the above photo and said this guy was "all in."  I need someone like that on my team to do my digging for me.









Gaylen C. sent these photos of one of his finds.





Here is what he had to say about it.

This was the only interesting find from yesterday [Friday]. Lead I am sure, heavy. I have found several pieces of metal in this small area that exhibit a similar appearance of smooth or flat on one side and a side that looks to me like it landed on a rough surface in a molten state. I'll include photos of a piece of iron that demonstrates what I think I see.
Gaylen C.

Thanks for sharing Gaylen.

---

It seems I'm getting ads from people that have emailed me before.  I would guess someone somehow got access to the mailing list.  I'm not sure how I can fix that now, but if you are getting weight loss or other emails from me or some of the others from this blog, it is a hacking issue.  Sorry!

One thing I'll do if I send an email to you, I'll put From TG in the header.  Don't know if I'll remember to do that every time, but I'll try.

---


The tide is going to be only two to four feet, but we will be getting some decent tides.

The wind will be form the north Tuesday, but nothing exciting in the near term predictions.

Happy hunting,
Treasureguide@comcast.net