Sunday, August 26, 2018

8/26/18 Report - Photos To Keep Your Treasure Memories Alive. A Few Examples of Mine.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Mine In Colorado.
I took the above photo when I was out west some years ago.  I often talk of the importance of keeping good records.  The years pass quickly and memories tend to fade.  Good records will help you remember your finds and the experiences, but photos are very helpful.

I take photos of finds, and then if the finds are worth anything, I put them in a safe deposit box in the bank.  I print the dates and locations and any other important information on the photos and file them away at home.

I have an external hard drive on which I stored many photos and other things.  I just took a look to see what I had on that drive.  There were many photos, including the one above, which I took on a trip out west.

I also found the photo below.  It's not the best photo.  In fact it is poor, but it is good enough to remind me of one particularly good hunt.

Big 18K Ring.
Personal Photo of Mine, Improved by John R.


I was at one of my favorite spots down south in shallow water in front of a resort hotel.   The sand was eroded back to a white clay.  In the dip in front of the beach a few pieces of gold were found.  The above ring was the biggest.  I don't recall all the others.  Maybe I can find photos of them too, but I remember one of the others was a very small gold medallion.  All the gold finds that day came from an area probably no bigger than ten square feet.

A lot of my best modern jewelry finds came from in front of that same general area.  I only saw another detectorist there once.

There was a barracuda there that would keep an eye on me.  After a while he would make me kind of nervous.  Of course, my scoop would reflect sunlight occasionally, and I never knew if he might decide to go after me.

On another occasion, I was detecting among a crowd (something which I almost never do) of swimmers in a dip at the same location, and a fish or something about five or six feet long swam right through the crowd.  I don't know what it was, but the funny thing is that nobody else seemed to notice it at all.  It startled me.

Well, that is how photos can set off a string of memories.  Once again, I highly recommend keeping records, including photos of finds.

---

I found a person that is going to hook Fred B. up to get an x-ray of his second conglomerate.  That s the conglomerate showing a piece of lead and a spike.

---

Wabasso Beach In May of 2009.
I also noticed this and other beach photos on the external drive.  This picture shows Wabasso Beach as it looked nine years ago.  That was obviously before more recent beach renourishment projects.

---

There are no storms in the Atlantic.

The surf is just a touch rougher and running around one to two feet.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net