Thursday, May 28, 2020

Everybody knows the proverbial phrase that allegorizes a person's worldview as being either that of an optimist or pessimist, but did you ever think much about it.

How do you see the glass - as half empty of half full?

As I've said before, I don't see the glass as being either half empty or half full.  I see it as full.  It has liquid and air in it.  At least if you look at it that way.  Or if you want to be a little more precise, you might say it is something closer to 52/48.

Changing how you look at it, and doing a figure-ground switch, you might see the three dimensional space as containing a glass and some liquid.

We generally don't think very deeply.  It is easier to go with the flow, but lazy stereotypical thinking does not encourage new creative solutions.

But what does all of this have to do with treasure hunting?  Here is my answer.  Treasure hunting is very much about problem-solving, and I believe there are always better solutions waiting to be found, but creative solutions are often smothered by assumptions, generalizations and lazy thinking.

To me much of the fun of treasure hunting is the analysis.