Tuesday, November 22, 2016

11/22/16 Report - Chest With Secret Drawer Filled With Treasure. Gold Found By Jensen Beach After 1949 Hurricane.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.


Secret Drawer Filled With Treasure.
A couple guys who bought a chest at an estate sale discovered a secret drawer filled with treasure (See above.)  

They returned the treasure.  

Here is the link for the rest of the story.

---

My post is late today because I wanted to write about gold found just north of what is now Jensen Beach after a hurricane in 1949.  I couldn't find my documents and couldn't remember the details well at all.

Anyhow, I've seen an old map showing a Spanish shipwreck from the 1700s in the area.  It might have been the 1760 wreck, but I don't recall that for sure.  Hopefully I'll find my information on that.

The newly exposed gold was found by a clerk and maintenance man who worked in a motel that was in the area at the time.

Maybe I'll be able to find that again and be able to write more about that.

In 2014, after much searching and seeing a lot of modern junk off of Jensen Beach, the salvage guys found the handle of a sword off the beach in the same general area, but in deeper water.

A novelist from the area who wrote a fiction book called "Treasure Coast Gold" showed me some information he had on the 1949 find..  He had an old map, newspaper articles and some photos.

I hope I can find that stuff.

---

Today I took a little walk today to scout around a little. I found a dollar bill floating in the water. I hoped there were more, but that was the only one I found.  It was in very shallow water.  When I saw it I didn't know if it was a one dollar bill or some higher denomination.  

I used to find bills floating frequently when I was down south and hunting the busy South Florida beaches.  There was one dip in particular off of a large hotel where old soaked bills would accumulate. Can't remember the name of that hotel now, and I think it changed anyhow.  It was south of Bahia Mar.

Bills would also occasionally be found in the seaweed line at busy beaches.  I think the highest denomination I found was a twenty.

---

I'll give up now.  I'm frustrated that I couldn't find my materials.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net