Sunday, November 27, 2016

11/27/16 Report - A Couple Sight Finds From the 1715 Fleet. Increasing Wind and Surf.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.



Below is an email I received from John.

I saw your post about finding non metallic items today and thought I'd share one I found the day after the 7th Annual Treasure Hunters Cookout ( about a year ago. I found this at the top of Turtle Trail when I went into the bushes to take a leak…At first I thought Adventura or Jadeite, however...






It has been identified as Serpentine by Laura Strolia with some interesting history behind it. I got this information from elle:

New Jade (Serpentine) makes an exceptional meditation stone. It helps you to find inner peace. Serpentine was carried in ancient Assyria to request the gods and goddesses to provide double blessings. Nursing women used it to regulate their milk supply. Serpentine can be placed directly on the skin. It is an aid to kidney and stomach complaints, relaxes cramps and menstrual pain and helps women who are unable to reach orgasm due to tension.

The picture below shows a perfect match. I would venture a guess that it came off the Corrigan's wreck (Capitana?)



Thanks John!  You made today's post really easy for me.

A good number of finds have been the result of leaks.  You'd be surprised how often I hear about that.

---

Concerning `1715 Fleet "sight finds, " I've posted a few in the past, including emeralds.

My personal favorite is the wax seal shown below.  I talked about it in more detail in my 2/13/16 post.  Unfortunately it does not photograph well.

Found Wax Seal.
The image on the seal is a bird postured very much like the one shown below - wings spread, head turned, breast and thighs prominent.  The wings on the wax seal are wider as is the breast of the bird.


Image Similar To That On The Wax Seal.
The wax seal was found at water's edge on a day of calm surf.  It was found just north of the Turtle Trail access.

It is hard to imagine that the wax lasted all those years.  

---

Sunday was a little windy.  East northeast mostly.  The surf is increasing.  Monday it is supposed to be somewhere around 4 - 6 feet.   The wind will be more easterly though.

It could open up a spot somewhere.  I suspect good spots will be scarce, but there might be a few.

I haven't been out much.  My latest problem was a broken finger.  Its better now though.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net