Saturday, February 22, 2020

3/22/20 Report - Beaches Show Very Little Cutting But Produced Some Very Good Finds.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Ambersands Beach This Morning.

Things have been found.  Several reales have been found and a few other things.

You probably heard the wind whipping last night.  That was between yesterday evening and this morning, and that seems to be when most things opened up.


Ambersands This Morning.
The sun came out today.  I never like that.  And a LOT of detectorists hit the beaches today.  The parking lot was almost filled at one beach, and a lot of them were detectorists.


Wabasso This Morning.

I didn't see cuts hardly anywhere, but the water was hitting and eroding the dunes in some places, and there were some good dips.  In at least one location there was very little new sand over the old orange sand.

I didn't do real good with the photos today.  My mind was on the hunt, and I forgot about the photography.

The stairs at Seagrape were damaged.  I mentioned yesterday that they had just been repaired, but they were damaged last night again.


Turtle Trail This Morning.

At Turtle Trail the erosion control bags were more exposed today, and you could see some of the old cut off posts that were buried yesterday when I was there.


Bags Getting Hit At Turtle Trail.
I was trying to photograph the bags in the above photo, but it was poorly timed and the water covered the bags as I took the photo.

Erosion Control Bags Covered by Water.


I'll have some find photos for you in the near future.   I have one object in cleaning now.  

The surf was up around ten feet today.  It will be decreasing tomorrow.


Surf Predictions.
Source: MagicSeaWeed.com

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net