Wednesday, November 13, 2019

11/13/19 Report - Gold Ring Find. Beach Conditions and Increasing Surf.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

10K Claddagh Ring Find
Find and Photo by Warren D.

I received the above photo and following report from Warren D. yesterday (Tuesday).

I've been at Turtle Trail for the past 3 days enjoying the erosion with  the crowd of detectorists. Didn't have much luck until today. I found a Claddagh ring. It appears to have been there a while, long enough to get a little green inside the band. My first reaction was is this old but with a close look I saw the 10K in the band.
The funny thing is today the beach was somewhat sanded compared to the previous 2 days.
Also very few detectorists today compared to the crowd over the weekend and that crowd had the latest and greatest detectors.
I didn't take today seriously and brought my old Minelab Sovereign XS 2a Pro detector with a pair of new headphones my niece sent me designed to be used for music listening. It has a 550 meter that I calibrated to a US quarter and when I got a TID of 387 I had to check my chart around my neck that said small yellow ring. I said to myself "yeah right" as I dug and sure enough that's what it was.
The other little piece of metal is something I have to clean. Goes to show you never know.
Warren D.
Thanks Warren.  And Congrats!

---

Last night the wind started to blow as the front came through.  The surf was up a bit this morning, but not much was happening to the beaches yet.

John Brooks Beach Wednesday Morning Around 11 AM

John Brooks Beach Wednesday Morning Around 11 AM

John Brooks Beach Wednesday Morning Around 11 AM
As you can see, there was not much erosion.  In fact the cuts that were on these beaches Saturday are now gone.

There were some shells along the high tide line.

Shells at Frederick Douglass Beach.

Although I didn't see any beach improvement on South Hutchinson Island, the surf will continue to increase and there is the possibility of some improvement either here or in the Vero/Sebastian area.

Here is the surf forecast for the Fort Pierce area.


Source: MagicSeaWeed.com

Happy hunting,
Treasureguide@comcast.net