Thursday, November 14, 2019

11/14/19 Report - Some Erosion and Beach Conditions Improvement. 400 Mapped Wrecks.


Written by the Treasureguide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Turtle Trail Thursday Afternoon.
I took a look at some beaches in the Vero area today.  When I arrived at Turtle Trail there were already six or maybe seven detectorist working the beach.

As you can see, the bags were exposed.

There was a good bit of black sand.  I saw three layers of sand in one hole.  The good old layer of orange sand was under two other distinct layers.


Turtle Trail Thursday Afternoon.

Then I visited Seagrape Trail, which didn't look as good.


Seagrape Trail Thursday Afternoon.
And then on to Wabasso.

Wabasso Beach Thursday Afternoon.
I'd be surprised if nothing old was found.  I don't know what I have yet.  I'll have to do some cleaning first.

From what I saw today, I'd rate beach conditions as a 2 on my 5 point beach conditions rating scale.  A 2 is what I call transitional.  There is definitely some improvement.

---

Image From ROV.
Source: IcelandReveiw.com (See link below.)



An abundance of shipwrecks off the coast of Eyrarbakki, South Iceland, suggest it was likely Iceland’s largest trading post until the 20th century, RÚV reports. Archaeologist Ragnar Edvardsson is working to map shipwrecks in the shallow waters around Iceland’s coast. Ragnar has mapped 400 large shipwrecks that occurred between 1200-1920, but believes there could be as many as 1,000 since the island’s settlement.


“I am of course first and foremost trying to get an idea of the number of large ships which I do through working with written sources. Icelanders were of course so good at writing so they often describe the damage to the ships, how many died, and also gave a geographic location,” Ragnar describes...

Here is the link.
---

Source: MagicSeaWeed.com

Looks like there could possibly be some more improvement in the next few days.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net