Sunday, July 19, 2020

7/19/20 Report - Unidentified Treasure Coast Fossil Tooth. Historic Backyard Meteorite. Tropical Wave Over Hispaniola.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Sunday Morning
nhc.nooa.gov

It is that time of year when storms can quickly form in our area.

A tropical wave located over Hispaniola and the adjacent waters of the southwestern Atlantic is expected to move west-northwestward over the next several days and enter the southeastern Gulf of Mexico by late Tuesday, and then move across the central Gulf on  Wednesday and reach the northwestern Gulf on Thursday...

If the predictions are correct, it looks like this one will not be a big deal Treasure Coast.

---

A space rock, which weighs 66 pounds, was discovered more than 30 years ago in a garden in Blaubeuren, in southern Germany. “In 1989, a homeowner was digging a cable trench on his property in Blaubeuren, in the German region of Swabia, when his spade hit a rock,” explains the German Aerospace Centre (DLR) in a statement. “Upon lifting it half a meter [1.6-feet] to the surface, he found that it was remarkably heavy.”

The rock, which is a chondrite, or stony meteorite, measures 11 inches by 9.8 inches by 7.9 inches...

Thanks to DJ for the link.    https://apple.news/AmlLMv3YcST2L92_BHwbFmw

---

I found this sweet little fossilized tooth yesterday.

Fossil Tooth From Treasure Coast Beach.


After looking through some books, I think it is probably from something in the camel line, but I'd be happy to hear from anyone who knows.

It is small and very sharp.  Obviously not worn down much by wear.  Maybe an unerupted tooth.  


Another View of the Same Fossil Tooth.


On the Treasure Coast beaches you can find things that are hundreds of years old, but also thousands or even millions of years old.

---

On your recent post you mentioned folks wanting to keep secrets to themselves and questioned whether or not you should share what you have learned along the way. Personally, I applaud you. I’ve been treasure hunting for nearly thirty years and have learned at least 75% of what I know about beach hunting from you. Mostly I go offshore with my guys to do the known sites of the 1715 fleet, but when the weather is not cooperating I do the beaches.

The reason for me posting this is to say that the Treasure Hunter’s Cookout was started by me 12 years ago because I wanted to get all these secretive hunters to open up to each other. I’ve accomplished my goal as I’ve seen rivals actually team up and create a more friendly atmosphere in the community. I always thought that scenarios like "I have a boat but no divers, magnetometer, sidescan, money, location etc. could cure itself if we all got together, met in a non formal, party like place and get to know each other. It appears to have worked. ...


Thanks much John.  I know your cookouts have been a big success.  Over the years I've received many glowing reports people who attended.  The cookouts have helped many, and the comradery has been a big positive for the treasure hunting community.

---

And I received this email from the other side of the Atlantic.

... I have been reading the treasure beaches for years now and appreciate your blog very very much.

Your blog also brings back fond memories of living in southern Florida during the early 90s.
I always enjoy the photos of the beaches posted too.

I am located in Europe for now and mainly detect in central Europe and the northern Mediterranean.

The links about the "Dead water phenomenon" are not directly detector related,
unless you are towing a PI coil on a sled through the sea of course ...

With kind regards from across the big pond, Bjorn



I can tell from the Google stats that the blog is read overseas, but it is always nice to get an email and links for study. 

I'll be studying the links more thoroughly.   It is always good to add to your understanding.  You never know how it might help something fall into place.

Thanks Bjorn.

---

The new blogger editor is slow.  I should make a transition to the new blog before long.


It looks like the Treasure Coast surf will remain in the two or three foot range for about a week.  We'll have a bit of a negative tide.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@com.