Thursday, July 16, 2020

7/16/20 Report - 18th Century Passwords. Reality Treasure TV Show Article. Cortes Aztec Palace. How It Was.



Written by the Treasureguide for the exclusive use of TreasureBeachesReport. blogspot.com.


Queen Anne's Passwords.
Source: Sotheby's Auction Catalog.  See link below.


Do you have trouble keeping track of your passwords?  It evidently isn't anything new.  Shown above is a list of passwords from 1704.  It recently sold in a Sotheby's auction.

Below is the lot description.


DOCUMENT SIGNED AT THE HEAD, LIST OF DAILY PASSWORDS "FOR THE COURT" AND "FOR THE CITTY"


providing two daily passwords, each being an English town or city, 4 pages, folio, February to April 1704, with a duplicate set of passwords for February, detached blank, contemporary docketing


These passwords, or paroles, will have been circulated to those guarding the royal court and the gates of the City of London.



https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auction/2020/the-collection-of-a-connoisseur-history-in-manuscript/queen-anne-document-signed-list-of-daily-passwords

---


Treasure Quest Team Leader Exposes the Fraud of Reality TV.


That is the title of a article I just found.  Below is a brief excerpt of that article.


A) On Treasure Quest: Snake Island Mehgan Heaney-Grier finds a rare and ancient solid gold mask while searching for treasure underwater.

B) The producers of Treasure Quest: Snake Island get a plastic mask, spray paint it gold, and place it underwater to be found by Heaney-Grier and claim it to be treasure.

The answer is B.

Believe it or not, reality TV is fake and scripted. Joe Teti of Dual Survival doesn’t walk into the woods with a pointy stick and come back with a hog slung over his shoulder. The producers go to a farm, get a dead hog and give it to Teti who triumphantly carries it back to his nonexistent survival camp...

There is much more in that long article to read.  Here is the link.


---

The remains of an ancient Aztec palace have been discovered under a stately building in Mexico City.

During renovations at the building off the capital's central Zócalo plaza, workers found basalt slab floors.

The floors were part of an open space in the palace of Aztec ruler Axayácatl, Mexico's National Institute of Anthropology and History (INAH) said.

The palace was also used as the home of Spanish conquistador Hernán Cortés after the fall of the Aztec empire.

Excavators have found evidence of the home Cortés had at the palace site....

Here is the link for more about that.




---

It is a beautiful morning, and I haven't even looked outside yet.  I'm feeling very blessed.  I'm alive and my back feels good.  No problem.  I have two 94-year-olds in the family, so am always aware of what could happen.  Being a caretaker is probably the toughest thing I ever did.

This is sometimes called the information age, but it seems like it could just as well be called the disinformation age.  We have so much access to information and misinformation, it can be overwhelming.  

I'm very fortunate.  I don't have to sell anything, and I'm not trying to become somebody.  I don't expect you to believe anything I say just because I say it.  I give sources and links so you check things out for yourself. I enjoy developing ideas and adding to my own understanding, which is my primary motive, and I don't ask for anything - not that you'll buy a book, and not even that you'll visit this site.  I never advertised and don't do any promotions, so I don't even know how you found this site to begin with.  

Like most oldsters, I sometimes look back and marvel at how things have changed.  When I started metal detecting the beaches, there was no internet.  You couldn't check out Youtube videos on every topic under the sun.  There were a few books, like those by Karl Von Mueller or maybe Charles Garrett, and there were two or three treasure hunting magazines that came once a month, but you couldn't just sign-on and find tons of information about almost anything you might like to know.  You had to learn a lot on your own.

In fact when I began this blog, people didn't like me giving so much information.  I got emails saying that people should have to put in the time and learn on their own like they did.  They didn't think I should give so much information away.  I can see that side of it too, but things were going to change with or without me.

I like learning on my own and do it even when it would be much easier to learn from someone else.  I like experimenting, and testing and proving things for myself.  For me, that is a lot of the fun of it.  It takes much longer, but when I test it out for myself, I  know if it works for me or not.

A lot of the guys back a few decades ago, didn't want people to know what they were doing.  They didn't advertise their successes.  They wanted to be able to continue doing what they were doing without everybody else finding out what they were finding and how they were doing it.

There was one anonymous fellow, for example, that was called The Florida Pro by the few that knew of him.  He'd slip into the water at night and come out to leave unobserved just about sunrise.  Jerry from Pot of Gold, once published a picture of the fellow in a newsletter, but he was wearing a dive mask and you couldn't really tell what he looked like.  That isn't usually how it is done today.

----

No storms or other big changes.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net