Sunday, February 4, 2018

2/4/18 Report - Lost Coins of Early Americans: A Book to Preview. Significance of Find Discrepancies. Super Bowl Prediction and Other Foolishness.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.


It's Super Bowl Sunday.  Today would normally be a holiday for me, but I'll do a little post anyhow.

 I wanted to add add a few comments to yesterday's post.  First I used coins in my illustration, but you don't have to have such detailed records in order to notice significant differences in what you are or are not finding.  I first learned how important that could be when I changed my discrimination setting and started finding more valuable small rings with expensive gem stones.  Before that I had been using discrimination and finding mostly rings with larger bands, which were mostly men's rings.  I thought that men lost a lot more rings than women but learned that wasn't true after I dropped my discrimination setting.  I originally thought I was getting a lot men's rings but few women's rings simply because there were more men's rings lost, but it was really because of how I was hunting.  Also, because I was hunting primarily rings when I started hunting shipwreck items, for quite a while I was finding smaller items like reales and things made of precious metals but not spikes or things like that.  The reason for that was also because of how I was hunting: I was still hunting the same way I hunted when I hunted modern jewelry.  My detector and methods were good for finding small items made of precious metals, and that was the reason I was not finding spikes.  Again, there are reasons why you find some things and not others.

---

Here is an interesting book which you can preview free online.


This book has some of what I hoped to find in the Numismatic Archaeology of North America book. It discusses money used and found at New World and early American sites.  It also tells how you can find such coins to collect, along with some idea of the likely prices.  Looks interesting.

Check out the free preview by using the following link.

https://books.google.com/books?id=mrmWA14x52AC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

----

Here is my Super Bowl prediction.  The Patriots win with the help of the referees.  The only way the Eagles have a chance is if they are not penalized way more than the Patriots, but my prediction is that they will be.  With today's passing game and the rules the way they are, penalties are too much of a factor.  Here is another prediction.  James Harrison makes sacks even though playing only situationally.

---

A few things I learned from TV this week. 

1.  When people go through a black hole, they grunt.
2.  If an NFL team is in need of a nose tackle, they should check out some of those brides at Kleinfeld's on Say Yes To The Dress.
3. Most of the journalists can't correctly interpret a compound sentence.
4. TV needs Battlebots back.  They could intermix it with other shows such as Say Yes To The Dress.  Wouldn't it be much more interesting if the Say Yes To The Dress brides had to save their chosen dress from being destroyed by an arena full of Battlebots.  The bride that saves her dress from the Battlebots would get it free.  If that was playing, no one would turn to the Super Bowl.

---

OK.  Enough fooling around.  I have some other things that I'll do some other day.  Super Bowl Sunday begins now.

Let the games begin.
TreasureGuide@comcast.net