Saturday, October 20, 2018

10/20/18 Report - Civil War Artifacts Displayed. Unique Burial. Before Columbus There Was...


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Civil War Artifacts On A Dsiplay Created by Terry S.
Photo by Terry S.
Here is very nice treasure display from Terry S.  It displays a variety of Civil War artifacts given to him by a friend.  He used an old cupboard door to create the display.


Closer View of Descriptive Labels.
Photo by Terry S.
Terry made the labels using brown paper which he burned with a lighter.

Thanks again Terry.  Great Display!

That is a great use of a repurposed cabinet door along with a nice artistic touch on the labels.

When I get around to it, I'll have a post on using things you might have around the house to create displays and some tips on how to mount coins.

I often intend to do a post on a topic and actually start a post but don't finish it right away and then forget about it.  I know I started a couple other topics that I haven't finished yet, mainly because I had other things to post.  I just remembered this morning that I had this display from Terry that I hadn't posted yet.  I'm glad I remembered it.

I didn't originally intend to do a continual series on displays.  There were just so many nice things to show.  I'll be interrupting the series soon.

---

Buried Chariot, Horse and Rider.
Source: See link below.
A buried chariot was discovered, but what makes it really unique is that the  horse and rider were buried with it.

Here is the link for the article.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/chariot-burial-site?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=hunewsletter

---

… New archeological evidence suggest that tuberculosis spread to the Americas from sea mammals before European explorers and settlers made contact with the New World, according to results of a study published in Nature.

Although modern strains of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from the Americas closely match those from Europe — indicating that human TB was introduced after Columbus — the new findings show that seals and sea lions, or pinnipeds, acquired the disease from humans in Africa and then carried it to the Americas more than 1,000 years ago...

Here is that link to the article about the stowaway bacterium.

---

Nothing new on the NHC storm map.

The surf predictions for the Treasure Coast remain unchanged.


Source: MagicSeaWeed.com
Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net