Wednesday, May 18, 2011

5/18/11 Report - 1715 Fleet Shipwreck Screw Top & Treasure Coast UFO Photo???



1715 Fleet Shipwreck Screw Top Listed on EBay.

I thought it would be a good idea to show this photo because I bet there are a lot of people that would simply throw this thing away if they found it. I bet a lot of you never associated screw tops with Spanish shipwrecks.

This item is said to be a screw top from a container that might have been used to hold sugar. Might be, I guess.

It is listed for $199.00, so if you find one you might want to keep it. The item number is 120724702170.

I always like to browse artifacts just so I know what they are. I know I've thrown away some good things over the years, simply because I didn't realize what they were.

It just occured to me that the piece of titanium from the Challenger that I showed yesterday was picked up at about the same time the Endeavor was going off. I don't know why that didn't strike me at the time. The view of the last launch was pretty good along the Treasure Coast. I saw the shuttle go up while I was on the beach. I know it had to be about the same time that I was picking up that metal. I guess I didn't know for sure that the metal was titanium when I was on the beach. I stuck it away for later. That is undoubtedly why I didn't put the two things together. It would of been really neat if I picked it up and held it up and got it in with a picture of the Endeavor taking off. To bad I didn't do that.


Titanium is being used a lot for jewelry these days. It is similar in appearance to aluminum but duller and stonger than steel. At first glance it sometimes looks like white gold, but it is a lot less expensive.


While I'm on the subject of space, I'm tempted to show you another photo I got by accident one day a few years ago.

Uhhhhhh... I'll do it. Here it is.

Photo of Cobalt Blue Bottle.

I was taking a photo of this old cobalt blue Milk of Magnesia bottle for someone and didn't notice anything unusual until I went inside,loaded the photo onto the computer and looked at it on the monitor. After a while I noticed something just above the lip of the bottle.

Here is the original photo and the other photo was cropped from the original to focus in on whatever was above the lip of the bottle in the photo.

I didn't use Photoshop or do anything to this photo. I didn't even sharpen it. This is the original, just cropped.

I don't have any idea what it is or where it came from. I guess you could call it a UFO. It could be a reflection or something, but I took other photos from nearly the same angle just seconds apart, and the object is not in those other photos.

Cropped Photo Showing Unidentified Object.

I have a relative that loves UFOs, and he thinks I am the luckiest person in the world to have captured a daylight photo of a UFO.

I don't know what it is. It could be a reflection of some sort? What do you think?

I better quit on this one. I don't know how to follow that.


Oh, I put a new survey on that will help me find out what types of things you are most interested in. Please respond to the survey. Thanks.

I've been having some trouble with the blog lately. Today after starting the survey, I found an error. When trying to edit the error, I lost the original responses, so if you answered the survey earlier you can answer again. The survey restarted at about 4:25 PM 5/18/11. Sorry.


Treasure Coast Beach Forecast and Conditions.

The wind is still out of the west. We've had some cool fronts lately and the weather is really nice for being out.

The swells are coming from the north and the tides are pretty high. Take a look at the tide charts.

The seas are still calm and will remain calm for a few days. Still good for water hunting and low tide hunting.

Yesterday I gave some tips on how to work the water where the swells are breaking on the front of the beach. I think you'll find that useful.

I'll get out to get some new beach photos sometime soon.


Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net