Tuesday, February 4, 2014

2/4/14 Report - Detecting And The Inner Voice, Eye-Balled 14K Rope Chain and Medallion & $250,000 Penny


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

January Finds by Michael E.
Photo by Michael E.

I had this post nearly complete and ready to post and somehow I lost it.   Arrrrrgh!

I have to start over.  That is aggravating.

I had tons of stuff today too.   We'll see if I have enough patience to do it all again.

As you can see Michael has been out hunting.
The amount you find will be determined largely by how much you hunt.

In January Michael found 20 rings, of which 2 are .925 and 1 is 10k, a .925 bracelet, .925 Tiffany charm and a .925 earring. 

Here s what Michael wrote about how he found the 14K rope chain and medallion.


But the chain was the find I am more interested in the story behind.  The beaches haven't been offering as many targets as normal so the majority of my time is spent in parks, medians, lots, etc... Mainland basically. Had the internal voice screaming for the beach one day, so opted to heed its direction. Spent a few hours at Jensen, found 1 nail and some trash in that time in wet sand. Got the call from the better half asking for time table of return, with the lack of targets told her I would just pack up and head out. Hung up the phone continued in the wet sand at a substantially brisk pace heading toward the exit. Got a nice hit in that walk out, repositioned myself back to the wave to recover the target, as I was turning about 15 yards to my left, south, a piece of seaweed caught my eye as the wave was pushing it up the slope, seemed weird because the beach was seaweed free, wave receded and the seaweed was heading toward the swash out with the wave, and that's when it struck my mind, that is not seaweed, I literally dropped the scoop and triple jumped to retrieve the item before it slipped into the swash. Put it directly in the pouch and went back to grab my scoop and recover the target, which was a nail. 25.4 grams 14k rope chain and mariners cross. One heck of an eyeball find.    All the hearts were found with in 5 days time, just found it odd, weird how items come in tandem like that...


First, this is a reminder to keep your eyes open while detecting.  You can scan a lot more ground visually than with a detector coil.

If you've been detecting very long, you have probably eye-balled at least one piece of gold.  If not, maybe you aren't visually scanning enough.

Chains will often get caught up in sea weed.  This one didn't, but they often do.  They can sometimes be seen under water in sea weed if you snorkel.

Also I wanted to comment on the inner voice that Michael mentioned.

Yesterday the National Geographic channel had a program about the Anglo Saxon hoard.  You probably have heard of that.  I've mentioned it before.

Anyway, the fellow who found that hoard mentioned the inner voice.  Many people believe in something like intuition.  It sure seems like there is such a thing that guides you at times, but unfortunately there also seems to be times when it is not working.  

The fellow that found the hoard was lucky that he had access to the field with the hoard in it.  He spent a lot of time detecting that field.  That had a lot to do with it.

After time on task, the second most important factor, is location.   He couldn't find that hoard anywhere else and he was the one that found it primarily because he was the one that spent time hunting the field where the hoard was.   If his inner voice was working, there were also other necessary requirements or conditions - first and foremost that he was in the right location.  

One time that I felt like my inner voice was working resulted in one of my biggest finds.  It was a HUGE and quality diamond ring.  I only had a small amount of time to detect.  I debated with myself if I should even bother.  By the time I drove to the location I would only have a few minutes of detecting time.  I had another obligation in just a little while.

Well, I drove in traffic, got to the location, jumped in the water, and in a few minutes came out with that large diamond ring, and ran off to my other appointment.  I don't know how much detecting time I had, but it was probably only fifteen minutes or so.  Normally I wouldn't bother driving through traffic for so little time detecting.

I don't know if that was my inner voice telling me to go or not.  It seemed like it. 

There are a lot of people that firmly believe in dowsing and things like that.  They've seen it work.  For me, I wonder why, if it works, it doesn't work more. 

Can the inner voice be enhanced?  Does attitude or mental state have something to do with it?

Interesting questions.


What is a 1974 D penny worth?  How about $250,000?   

One 1974 D penny sat in a man's drawer for thirty years.  He thought it was a souvenir rather than a real aluminum penny.

The Denver mint made ten aluminum pennies, but they thought they were all destroyed.  That was until this one was discovered to be genuine.


Here is the link for more about that.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/man-learns-that-for-decades--he-was-holding-onto-rare-aluminum-penny-worth-hundreds-of-thousands--maybe-even-millions-231225674.html


On the Treasure Coast we have about a four-foot surf today.  The wind is coming mostly from the south again.

The tides are not as big as in recent days.


I have a lot more finds and other material, some of which I had in my original draft today, but that will be all for now.  I'll get back to the other stuff in the future.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net