Monday, August 20, 2018

8/20/18 Report - Gold Nugget Recently Found on Treasure Coast Beach. Mystery Find. Reported Reale Find.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Gold Nugget Beach Find.
Find and photo by Duane C.
Here is what Duane said about his find.

I wasn't sure what I had a first thinking it may have been dental gold. Actually is a gold nugget., 23-24k. Very heavy 3.8 grams for its relatively small (pea) size. Maybe from a broken piece of jewelry?

Congratulations Duane! Nice photo too.

As you probably know, gold nuggets have been found on the wreck beaches. I've shown one or more that I found.

---

Mystery object found by Peter G.






Here is what Peter said about this find.

I found it on the low tide line at John Brooks Park. It is light in weight and about 3/4 inch diameter. 

You can’t bend it at all with your fingers. It seems to have a hole thru the center but is plugged with hard marine growth. It also has 2 very tiny holes evenly spaced around the center hole. The top outside does appear to have threads for a cap with a tiny hole in the threads. All tiny holes are inline as if they were drilled. 

Help Peter out if you can. Send me your ideas on what his find might be, and we'll see if there is any consensus.

---

I also received a report of a beach reale find. I hope to have more on that later.

---

There are no storms in the Atlantic to follow right now.  The surf is still around one foot, and the tides are moderate now.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net