Saturday, December 29, 2018

12/29/18 Report - A Couple Finds And a Look At Seagrape/Turtle Trail Area.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Seagrape/Turtle Trail Area Friday
Photos by Dale J.


I received these photos from Dale J. who added the following.


Stopped by this afternoon
[ Fri.] an hour or so before low tide, part of my education. Turtle Trail looked the same as yesterday.

Seagrape had some shells and what appeared to be some orange sand near water's edge.

Ventusky looks like the next op will be next weekend?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge, still learning! Dale J.



Thanks for the photos Dale. Decent looking area to check out.


---

Sterling Silver Ring Found While Looking for Lost Bracelet
Photos and find by Joe d.



Joe D. found the above ring.  He described how it happened.
  
     I haven't posted, or detected much this year! Been a little busy with family matters! Nevertheless, Happy Holidays!
 
   I did get out to Juno Beach the other day to search for my nephews gold bracelet that he unwisely wore there while playing football the day before!   Unfortunately it was peak tide with large waves and i was unable to find it! 
   But the beach gave back a nice consolation prize that i gave to him! Not gold, but it works! 

Keep up the good work, and Happy New Year!               
                      Joe D.

That is a nice sterling ring with maker's mark.  A little research will reveal the maker.  The ring will be worth more than the silver value.  If someone looks finds it, I'd like to hear more about the designer.

And that is one way things are often lost - by young people playing sports without removing jewelry. As I've said in the past, check beach volleyball courts. I once told about the various areas where things are most often found on volleyball courts.

Also you can tell where people have been running around playing football by the roughed up sand.  Always worth a look.

I also mentioned in the past how you will frequently find something else when looking for a specific lost item.  If one person lost something in an area, others probably have too.

---


Old Encrusted Treasure Coast Find
Find and photo by Steve of St. Louis

I received the above picture and following email message from Steve.  Here is what he said.


My wife and I found this on the beach this morning in Indian River Shores and think it may be a flintlock pistol. I have it in a bucket of water and am trying to figure out what my best course of action would be to get it to the right people for preservation. Are you able to point me in the right direction? 

I told him to take it to the McClarty Museum and have them take a look at it.

---

The tides are more moderate now and the surf is slacking off.  Not much exciting for the next few days.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net