Thursday, September 5, 2019

9/5/ Report - Beach Reports From Other Areas of the Treasure Coast. Still a Lot of Weather To Watch.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.


Treasure Shores 9/4
Photo by Bruce B.
Bruce B. sent these photos from Treasure Shores.  He said the bridges were open but the park was closed.   There were a lot of guys detecting.  He said he was getting a lot of aluminum.

There was aluminum coming out of the cuts dunes that I showed yesterday too.


Treasure Shores 9/4
Photo by Bruce B.


Treasure Shores 9/4
Photo by Bruce B.


Treasure Shores 9/4
Photo by Bruce B.


Treasure Shores 9/4
Photo by Bruce B.
Thanks much Bruce.

---

DB sent this report on 9/4.

I looked from Satellite Beach to south Vero, worked a bunch of it too. Some places looked promising but not much on delivery. Some modern coins mostly.

It seems that the dunes that are cut are the more modern dunes so slaw is mixed in as well. That sand simply moved down and resettled.

I actually got a small spike prior to the storm hitting and not so much after.

Thanks DB.

Something that maybe I forgot to mention yesterday is the cut dunes that I showed were probably created in the last year or so and therefore would not have much old in them.

As for the above Treasure Shores photos, it looks like new sand on the dunes.

---

Overall, it looks like beach conditions aren't great, but that is going from my visit to South Hutchinson Island and the few reports I got from the Vero/Sebastian beaches.


Unfortunately I haven't heard anything about Rio Mar, Turtle Trail, Seagrape or Wabasso, so I don't know anything about them.  I planned to go there today, but something came up and I wasn't able to this morning, so I'm still in the dark about them.

Just on the basis of what I know, I don't think I can even give as much as a 2 rating on my beach conditions rating scale.  There are always, however, a few small areas that produce, if you can find them.  Check areas around things like rocks or jetties, and those areas that were already eroding.

Here is the shot from the Jupiter Inlet beach cam.




Doesn't look like any erosion there.

It very much reminds me of Hurricane Andrew.  The beach along the Miami wasn't cut by Andrew.  The water came up high, but the beaches didn't cut.  Some sand just got washed down the slope and sat in front of the beach, making the slope a little steeper.   But there were some really good areas on the edges of Key Biscayne and Virginia Key, where I really cleaned up.  Sometimes you just have to hunt out those special areas.  There are some areas I'd still like to check when I get a chance.

---

Mitch King said the detectorist behind the TV reporter that I showed yesterday is him.

Mitch said, That was me in the background of the Weather Channel broadcast. I was
sprinting by fast because the waves were coming up high and I did not
want to get caught down low again.

Thanks to Mitch and Alberto.  

---

Source: nhc.noaa.gov

I wouldn't give up on the Treasure Coast yet.  Like I said, I haven't been able to check out much of the Vero/Sebastian area and don't have reports from there yet.

It is still early, and the beaches won't be changing real quickly.

If you are in North Florida or Georgia where the storm surge can build up, or even North Carolina, Dorian might produce for you up there.

There is still a lot of watch.  We actually have another tropical storm out there - Gabrielle - along with some other areas that could still develop.

Francis and Jeanne really cut into South Hutchinson Island, but Dorian didn't.  Sometimes a storm can do more to the beaches than a hurricane will.  There are so many factors.

Don't forget those who were badly hit.

When you are fortunate, help others.

Happy hunting,
Treasureguide@comcast.net