Sunday, June 3, 2018

6/3/18 Report - Money Saving Tip For Vets. Minelab Equinox User Experience. WW II Artifact Found by Young Girls. Old Coins.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Source: Foxnews link below.

Two girls were playing in the water in a lake in Michigan when they felt an object that turned out to be a WW II practice bomb.

Here is that link.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/05/31/michigan-girls-discover-world-war-practice-bomb-while-diving-for-treasure-in-lake.html
---

1907 V Nickle
This coin is in much better condition than the 1840 something dime that I posted yesterday. I have a variety of old coins to post now. For the older U.S. coins, this one isn't as worn as many of the others.

1907 V Nickel

It looks like there is some kind of cloth-like impression on the back of this nickel.

This one is only worth a few dollars.

---

I have a correction to make.  You probably noticed that I showed a seated liberty dime yesterday but  I originally had in the text that it was a quarter.  Sorry.

Here is the other side of that dime.

Very Worn Seated Liberty Dime.

---

Concerning the Minelab Equinox detector, Superrick had the following to say.

I have an 800 that I bought for Fla and the beaches. I put many hours into learning it on the beaches while in Fla. It's like any other detector and has some problems! The main one is that it is a dig every signal you get which can be a real pain if you don't know what you are doing with it.


Like any detector, it takes time to find all the little trick you can use with them to increase what you find with it. 

As you know I had an ATX and got rid of it because of the weight and the fact that it would not hit on a meteorite! If I lived in Fla. full time I would have kept it. It will go deep on the beach that's for sure! Buying a new metal detector is like going out on a blind date.   You never know what you are getting until you have used it a few times.  What looks beautiful can be the worst thing that ever happened to you! 

There is so much hype when a new detector hits the market you never know what you are getting! It always pays to wait a while before you buy any new detector! I'm back in Vegas and using the 800 out in the desert to see if I will find gold with it. My hunting buddy bought one also, and yesterday we went to an old park and I pulled out more stuff using my Deus.  

Now, with that said I've also taken the 800 to some paks out here that I thought that I cleaned out with my Deus, but I found stuff that I had missed with the Deus...

Thanks Rick.


Joe R. sent me some info that might save you over one hundred dollars if you are a veteran buying a new detector.  He said he got a 15% veterans discount when he recenty bought a detector, and said to look into it if you are in the market.  He said, I had to email a copy of my DD214 for proof that I was a veteran. The dealer requiring the documentation makes me think it may be Minelab offering the discount.

Thanks for that tip Joe. That is very good to know about.

---


On the Treasure Coast we're having west winds and small tides and surf.  That makes for easy shallo water hunting.

TreasureGuide@comcast.net