Monday, March 7, 2016

3/7/16 Report - Unusual Twenty Dollar Bill Error Received From ATM. Spacex Rocket Over T. C. Surf Is Up.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Twenty Dollar Bill Error.
The other day I showed a sixpenny nail stamped with a Roosevelt Dime.  Here is another colorful mint error.  It is a 20$ Bill with a Del Monte Banana Sticker on it.

...this note was auctioned by Heritage Currency Auctions of America, held January 6 & 7, 2006 in Dallas, Texas for US $25,280...

...The twenty dollar bill went through the entire Bureau of Engraving and Printing inspection check points until it finally found itself sitting in an ATM Machine somewhere in the state of Ohio. 

There, a young college student retrieved it and immediately realized he had a $20.00 bill worth more than face value...


Here is the link for the rest of that story.

http://www.banana-label.net/labelhistory/tof_01_2007.html

---

Spacex Rocket Launched March 4.
I happened to get a good view of the Spacex rocket that launched on March 4th.  It was easily seen over the entire TreasureCoast.

Here is link for more about that.

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/tech/science/space/2016/03/03/spacex-targets-friday-evening-launch-falcon-9-rocket-cape-canaveral/81265780/

---

The big news today is that the surf is up.  There is also a big surf with negative tides.

Unfortunately I'm very busy and haven't been able to get out to the beach to see what is going on.  I'd appreciate any reports or beach photos that any of you can send in.  I don't know when I'll be able to get out to do a beach survey myself.  Normally I keep up with that, but right now I need a little help.

I also heard that there are Portuguese Man-O-War.

Due to the wind direction I don't think there will be any major beach improvement, however I always like to check it out.

That's all or now.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net