Tuesday, October 3, 2017

10/3/17 Report - Vegas Shooter and Treasure Coast. More Irma Finds. High Surf This Week. PM Update.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blgospot.com.

---
PM UPDATE.

Frederick Douglass Near Low Tide Tuesday Afternoon.

I got out to take a look at John Brooks and Frederick Douglass beaches.  It looked very much like expected.  The surf was high, and the surf had been high up on the beach and over the berm.  Still, because of the direction of the waves, the slope was mushy and there were no cuts.

In the photo above you can see a dip:  the darker brown area.

The waves were crashing out in front of the beach where sand has accumulated.

I'd be interested to see how far back the water will get when the tide gets high again.

I'd rate this as a 2 (transitional) on m 1 - 5 point beach detecting conditions rating scale.  The water is getting high and I would be very surprised if there are no more artifacts found this week.  In my opinion, the productive spots are likely to be small and few though.  So far it is very much like what we've seen in the past few weeks.  I am just going on the basis of the internet predictions and the few beaches I have been able to visit so far, and am hoping to get reports from others.

===

Lead Irma Finds.
Finds and photo by Steve L.
These are new Irma finds from Steve L.  I previously posted musket ball and lead finds that different people found after Irma.  There were a lot of those found.  I called it a munitions cache.  Go back a week or two and you'll see those.

I also showed some wood and spike finds from Irma.

Congratulations to Steve L on the finds.  And thanks for sharing Steve!

I really need some help with beach reports this week.  Why is it every time I have an appointment or am out of town or something that keeps me from getting out to the beaches, it is always when I most want to get out?

---

Surf As Predicted on MagicSeaWeed.com.
That is a good week of high surf.  Some things will be found.

I woke up this morning to rain and some good wind.  The wind is supposed to be up to 30 mph today on the Treasure Coast.  The swells are pretty much from the east though.  That won't help.  Theyll switch around from time to time and I feel certain some old things will pop up.  Maybe more musket balls and spikes and wood, and maybe some coins.

---

The Treasure Coast has another mass-shooting connection.  The Pulse nightclub shooter had connections to Fort Pierce.  The Las Vegas shooter lived in Melborne Florida and once worked at Martin Marietta.
---

Just a one day remaining to enter your responses to  the blog poll.  Thanks!

That is all for now.

I might be back later with more.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net