Friday, June 28, 2019

6/28/19 Report - Finds From Two Good Hunting Days. Asteroid Mining. Roman Shipwreck. Old Land Sea Explorations Project.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.


Finds From Two Successive Days Hunting.
I was looking for something else and came across these photos that were in an envelope with an old article that I intended to submit to one of the treasure magazines.  These are therefore old finds from twenty or more years ago.  I've described the hunt before, but don't know if I posted the photos.  They are from two different but successive days in Fort Lauderdale.  Each day I hunted about four hours.

I knew when I left after the second day that there was still a lot left, so I planned to hunt again the next day, but as I left after the second hunt I noticed a front coming through.  When I showed up the next day conditions had changed and the targets were gone.

That is one of those times when I should have stayed and worked it out while conditions were good.  I didn't know it was going to turn off.  Make hay while the sun shines.

---

NASA is eyeing up a nearby asteroid that contains enough gold to make everyone on Earth a billionaire.
Psyche 16 is nestled between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter and is made of solid metal.
In total, it's estimated that Psyche's various metals are worth a gargantuan $10,000 quadrillion...
Nasa is launching a mission to probe the asteroid in summer 2022. Dubbed the Discovery ''Mission, it will arrive at Psyche 16 around 2026...
Here is the link for more about that.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/nasa-headed-towards-giant-golden-asteroid-that-could-make-everyone-on-earth-a-billionairehttps://www.foxnews.com/science/nasa-headed-towards-giant-golden-asteroid-that-could-make-everyone-on-earth-a-billionaire

---

Cyprus has found its first undisturbed Roman shipwreck complete with ancient cargo off its southern coast, the antiquities department said Thursday, noting the discovery could illuminate regional trading history.

"The site is a wreck of a Roman ship, loaded with transport amphorae, most probably from Syria and Cilicia," the antiquities department said in a statement...

Here is that link.

https://www.afp.com/en/news/826/cyprus-discovers-first-undisturbed-roman-shipwreck-doc-1hw3h41

---

Another thing I found was an old envelope and letter from H. Glenn Carson.  I think I said he was doing a treasure hunting newsletter, but he actually put together a treasure hunting group called Land Sea Explorations.

Land Sea Explorations Letterhead.


It was members of this group that invested in a silver mine in Mexico that didn't work out.  Some people thought it was a scam and people wanted to take a look at the books.  Glenn blamed it on the low price of silver at the time.  That was in 1991.

I just looked it up, and it looks like silver was running around $4.00 an ounce, give or take 50 cents, through most of the year.

---

Expect another week of one-foot surf.  Nothing different in the predictions yet.

Happy hunting,
Treasureguide@comcast.net