Thursday, August 29, 2019

8/26/19 Report - Still A Lot of Uncertainty About Dorian's Path. Big Surf Predicted.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Spaghetti Models for Dorian.
Unfortunately I can't offer much clarity this morning.  As you can see, the spaghetti models are literally all over the place, ranging from south of us up to Georgia.

I haven't seen the 8 AM National Hurricane Center update.  It seems it is late.  I think they don't know what is going on yet.

Windy.com Plot This Morning.
Windy.com shows Dorian making landfall near Palm Beach (see above) on Monday morning.  One of the well respected Euro models was used.  I think it was EMCWF.

Ventusky.com - GFS Model.
As you can see, the GFS model shows it going into the Cape Canaveral area.

It looks like it will take more time to get it better narrowed down.  We are definitely in the cone though.

MagicSeaWeed is now predicting a high surf for Sunday.  Up to ten feet.  It is limited to a single day though.

I'm sure they can't be too exact until they know more about the course of the storm.


Source: MagicSeaWeed.com.


I'll be watching for updates and developments.  If there is any clarity, I'll be back later today.

Keep watching,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net