Monday, October 7, 2019

10/7/19 Report - Coins Showing Up Or Missed This Weekend? A Look At Some of the Treasure Coast Beaches. Checking Serial Numbers on Bills.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Turtle Trail This Morning.
I took a look at some beaches this morning.  Above and below you can see Turtle Trail.  It was sort of interesting.  I was surprised to find some well seasoned green clad just before and after the first flag pole.  I was surprised because if they were there this weekend I would think there would be enough detectorists out to pick up coins like that.  I don't know where the coins came from, but they weren't lost real recently, so I'm wondering if the weekend warriors just missed them or if conditions actually improved a little last night.  They were about fifteen or twenty yards from the bank.  


Turtle Trail Beach This Morning.
I haven't been to Turtle Trail for a while, but the bags were showing more than the last time I was there.

Bags Barely Showing At Turtle Trail.

I also looked at a couple other beaches, but Turtle Trail is the only one I spend any time detecting.

Looking Towards Seagrape Trail Access This Morning.

North of Seagrape This Morning.
I didn't see anyone else metal detecting this morning. 

Wabasso This Morning.

Yesterday I took a quick look at John Brooks.

John Brooks Beach Yesterday (Sunday) Afternoon.

John Brooks Beach Sunday Afternoon.



I thought Turtle Trail was the most interesting and the only one I detected.  As I said, I was surprised to find a good scattering of green seasoned clad coins there this morning.


Despite all the high water and rough surf we've had for the last few weeks, there has been very little erosion.  It seems that ever since Dorian the water has been hitting the beaches directly at a 90 degree angle.

There are still some weather systems in the Atlantic, but I don't expect much from them.

Source: nhc.noaa.gov.

The surf will be decreasing after today.


---

I like checking for interesting serial numbers on bills.  Here is one that I found that if the bill was in better condition, might actually be worth a small premium.


 Five Repeating Digits Serial Number on $50 Bill.

---


Enjoy the nice Fall weather.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net