Monday, January 16, 2012

1/16/12 Report - Conditions Upgrade and Button for ID

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

A One to Two Foot Cut on One Treasure Coast Beach This Morning.

This cut ran for hundreds of yards. There was still a lot of sand in front of the beach and in front of the cut and a lot behind the cut too. There is a lot of sand out there. The cut is in recently accumulated sand and I don't think will be very productive.

I'll still upgrade my Treasure Coast Beach Conditions Rating to a 2. That probably won't last long though.

Another Treasure Coast Beach.

This one wasn't cut except for some very small scoops. You can see the dip near the top of the photo.

The conditions upgrade is my big news for today.

Below is a photo of a button found on a coin beach that was sent in by one reader asking for an ID.

Three Views of the Same Button.

Top Front, Bottom Front and Back Views.





I can't make out the words, but almost. Maybe if I work on it a little more I'll be able to figure out at least part of what it says.

Please email me if you can provide information on this button.


The wind and swells are coming in from the east. I think the cuts were created last night. I don't expect much more.

The seas are going to remain pretty much the same with just a little variation the next two days.


Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net