Thursday, January 19, 2012

1/19/12 Report - treasure Coast Beach Conditions Back to Poor


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.


A Treasure Coast Beach This Morning.

As you can see the water was nearly flat. The cuts we had a couple of days ago are now gone - at least those that I've seen.

The new HD flip cam makes some pretty good pictures.

Treasure Coast beach hunting conditions are back to a 1 (poor).

You can still find some things on the beach fronts, especially at low tide, but cob hunting is poor.

As you know if you've followed this blog very long, my beach conditions rating scale is based upon the likelihood of finding cobs.

You still might be able to find a spike or two or some other things and there could be a good spot or two left out there that I don't know about. As I always say, "I can't be everywhere." But it looks to me like most, if not all, of the good spots have filled in some in the past couple of days.

There is always some chance of finding a cob. I've mentioned some ways to do that even when conditions are not good. That is why my 5-point rating scale begins with a 1 instead of a zero. There is always some chance.

The most recent blog poll has concluded. I didn't do a very good job of selecting the categories. I should have thought about so many of the popular water proof detectors being slightly over $1000. It would have been better if I selected something like $1500 instead of $1000 for that one upper limit.

Anyhow, here is what I found. Just under five percent of the respondents wanted to keep their detector expenditure under $250. One way to do that is to purchase a used detector. That is something that I would more recommend for experienced detectorists who know what the want and what to expect from a particular detector.

Nothing wrong with buying a used detector if you can test it out first and know what you expect out of it.

Another 18% of the respondents wanted to stay under $500. You can certainly get some decent new detectors for that. They won't have all the extra features, but they'll work pretty well.

The biggest percentage (63%) would go up to $1000. Like I said, that is getting around the price of many of the more popular detectors that I see being used on the Treasure Coast, even though some go a couple of hundred dollars over that.

There are a lot of detectorists that are willing to pay $5000 or more - almost 15%. That number might be inflated by the fact that some of the popular detectors cost slightly over $1000 and I didn't have another category before $5000. My fault.

But five percent said they would pay over $5000. Some detectors do cost that much, such as the high-end nugget detectors. Some detectorists will pay whatever it takes to get the best. I can also think of some good detectors that cost that much that are not available from the major manufacturers that are used by some guys, primarily in South Florida.

Even though the wind is from the north, I'm not expecting any improvement in conditions for the next few days.

I have been finding some items on the beach fronts. I guess they are leftovers.


Happy Hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net