Tuesday, September 1, 2015

9/1/15 Report - Lazy Surf and Poor Beach Detecting Conditions On The Treasure Coast. First EMDM Award.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Beach This Morning.


In my 6/13/15 post  ago I suggested what I referred to as the Environmental Metal Detecting Movement.  Brian Hall of Gold Ring Rescue sent me the following message.

I have been reading your blog and thought what if we had T-Shirts with Environmental Clean up Crew printed on them. Would make a great conversation point.

I have been studying your blog mainly on how objects move in the sand, fresh water lakes act different than the ocean but the fluid dynamics are the same. I do have the Great Lake Michigan in my back yard and it acts like an ocean.

I will hit a hot spot of 60's era flip tops and think no one has been here before? Then I will get into bottle cap heaven and dig like a hundred of them. One day I saw one in the water scooting across the surface of the sand and I started thinking differently.

It is when I get into the coins and nickels that I normally find the gold rings. Birds of a feather?

 The weather on the lake for tomorrow will change to a Norte East and a Super Moon.  I will take a couple of machines and watch the sand movement.

Brian Hall
Gold Ring Rescue
(262)527-5022

---

I think T-shirts promoting the positive effects of the hobby are a great idea.

Speaking of the EMDM, I want to  announce the first TreasureGuide EMDM .  It goes to South Beach Park in Vero and the guys that detect there.  I stopped by this morning and there were virtually no pull tabs, no bottle caps, and almost no junk at all.  It was the cleanest park beach that I have ever seen.

Great job guys!  You get the first ever EMDM award!

---

No one conducting an archaeological investigation of the battlefield in National Park,

Gloucester County, expected to find evidence of that deadly moment 238 years ago. Over

the past few months, JMA, a West Chester firm in charge of the dig, has recovered the

usual refuse of battle: musket balls, shell fragments, buttons, buckles, and ramrods.


But Tuesday, archaeologists unearthed what could be the cannon that blew up during that 

Oct. 22 fight, when hundreds of Hessians were cut down during a 45-minute hailstorm of

iron and lead...



Here is the link for more of that article.


http://www.philly.com/philly/news/local/20150826_Archaeologists_unearth_key_artifact_at_Red_Bank.html

Part of that cannon was buried a few feet deep.  Neat picture.

---

I'm having technical difficulties.  The computer is giving me fits.  I'm going to cut it short today.

One thing I want to say is that the cuts north of Seagrape Trail that I reported as starting on Sunday are pretty much filled in by now.

Other beaches that I looked at had a lot of sea weed.

The surf this morning wasn't big.  It was what I would call a lazy surf.

A week or so in the future a bigger surf is predicted.  You know how that goes.  Most of the time it doesn't happen.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net