Thursday, September 13, 2018

9/13/18 Report - Beach Conditions This Morning From McLarty to John Brooks.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Just North of McLarty Museum This Morning.
Last night was the biggest surf so I wanted to get out to see what was happening.  I got out early because that was my only chance.

Above you see what it looked like just north of the McLarty Museum.  There were no cuts, just some shallow scalloping.

I didn't get to see some of the beaches, and that include some that I was most wanted to see.

Ambersands Beach access was closed a little before 7 AM.   

The two parks between Ambersands and Wabasso were open around 7.

Wabasso  Just After Sunrise This Morning.
As you can see there was a lot of sand and sea weed at Wabasso.  No big erosion there.

Wabasso Looking Towards Disney Resort This Morning.

The water did get high last night, but the waves were hitting the beach straight on.

Seagrape and Turtle Trail accesses were still closed at around 7:15.  A few cars were waiting to get in.  I didn't have time to wait.


Rio Mar Looking South This Morning.
As you can see, there was plenty of sand at Rio Mar.  Sea weed too.

Rio Mar Looking North This Morning.
This is pretty much what all the beaches that I saw looked like this morning.  


John Brooks Beach This Morning.
Like the other beaches, John Brooks beach had some scalloping and no cuts.


John Brooks Beach This Morning.
In this photo you can see that the water got all the way back to the dunes last night.

Blogger is really sluggish right now.  Maybe too many viewers.  Anyhow, I'm going to leave it there for now and probably add some later.  I'll try to get some find photos by then too.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net