Saturday, January 27, 2018

1/28/18 Report - Mystery Object and Other Finds. Gold Chain. Beach Report. Decreasing Surf.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Mystery Find


Above is a mystery item recently found by one blog reader on a Treasure Coast beach shown before cleaning.

Below is the same find, after cleaning, along with some other finds including a small piece of silver and a copper nugget.

Same Mystery Item Cleaned Along With Some Other Finds.
The back of this cross is flat, as you can see below.

Back of Mystery Item.

Very interesting find.  Thanks for sharing.

----

Captain Jonah sent the following email.

Was very rushed this day. Not detecting but dealing with life. When my day brought me near a beach I had never been to. I decided to give it a look. Next thing I saw made me sick. It was a 2-4 vertical cut tight and firm. That ran down the beach almost out of my sight. Super excited but bummed at the same time as my detector was at my house 1 1-2 hour away. At the same time I knew what I had to do. So almost 4 hours later returning. I worked down the cut for about an hour finding some clad coins here and there then a big coin hole. They were everywhere along with a gold earring and silver ring ,tons of material. I dug so many targets I was getting tired. And still had a drive home so I decided to head home. I walked back down the beach 50 ft from where I started. And BAM. It gave a funny tone but not junk sounding ,so I dug it. So glad I trusted my instinct sometimes you can go a while not finding much. But you know it's out there. Lots of sand moving on different beaches. Sometimes you have to go try different areas. I know this but is hard sometimes. Lesson learned.
Thanks , Jonah M


Below is a photo showing the marked 14K Chain found by Jonah.


Congratulations, and thanks for the good reminder.

---

I've posted a number of detailed reports from beaches lately. Here is one more from John Brooks.

I was at John Brooks around 8:30am on Friday the 26th. Did not see anybody else until about 10am. Detected south towards the yellow house along the water line (low tide). Did not get any hits at all for about an hour then found the encrusted object (EO) in the attached picture. No idea what it is but it looks pretty cool. Although I found that under the sand with my metal detector that item has no metal in it. There was a small piece of aluminum right next to it. That was the real reason why my metal detector went off. I thought the EO was setting off my metal detector at first but after a confusing few minutes and rechecking the hole I found the scrap piece of aluminum.

A little further from that spot I got a very nice target. Very strong signal and seemed large or something very close to the surface (was getting hits within a foot to foot and half diameter on the surface) . After digging about 2 foot wide hole and about 18 inches deep I hit the water table and still no item found. After about 20 minutes it turned out there were 2 different strong targets about 1 foot apart and clearly below the water table surface. The frustrating thing was I could not get any deeper because every shovel scoop I took out 2 more shovel fulls would go back into the hole due to the water table and sand collapsing. I never recovered those 2 targets but they were obviously very conductive. Anyway, days like this are what keeps me coming back...


Thanks,

Guy C.

Thanks for sharing Guy.


---

The surf on the Treasure Coast will be decreasing now.  Sunday will be a foot or two less than Saturday.  That trend will continue for a few days.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net