Wednesday, January 3, 2018

1/3/18 Report - Necklace Found and Returned. High Wind and Surf Decreasing Along Treasure Coast but Still Big Tides.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com

Necklace Recovered and Returned.
Find and photo by Alberto S.
Here is another example of the type of good deeds done all the time by detectorists.  Alberto S. was able to find a necklace that was lost just the day before.  Here is how Alberto told me about that.

Happy New Year!

My last trip to the beach on the last day of the year provided an opportunity to do a good deed for a young girl who had lost a necklace. As I walked on to the beach with my metal detector she approached me and asked if I could help her find a necklace she had lost the day before, it was given to her by her brother after his return from New Zealand, so it meant a lot to her. Not knowing if it had any silver or gold I searched the area where she lost it with my CTX 3030 full screen no discrimination, after a couple of hits that turn out to be aluminum foil the third was very different and sure enough it was the necklace, total time invested about 5-10 minutes. This is the first time I help someone find a lost item so it was very special to me and of course she was very happy, as soon as I placed the necklace in her hand she said thank you with a big smile in her face and ran to show her father. The beach (John Brooks) did not provide any good targets after a couple of hours of metal detecting, no erosion just like you mentioned on your post from a day or so ago, but I did get a chance to meet and talk for a bit with another person that was metal detecting. 

My 2018 bring you many happy moments and good health to enjoy them.

Alberto S.

Thanks for the good deed Alberto.  It helps the metal detecting hobby when people know what detectorists do for the public.  Thanks for sharing.

Alberto also sent me some beach photos.  He was out a few hours after I was yesterday.

Turtle Trail Close To 2:30 Yesterday.
Photo by Alberto S.
Notice the other detectorists.

Another Photo From Turtle Tail Yesterday.
Photo by Alberto S.
This photo shows the same area I showed yesterday but about three hours later when the tide was lower.  You can see the bags again.  It appears that very little, if any, sand was lost between when I took my photo and when Alberto took this photo.  

I don't know what if anything happened last night.

Thanks again Alberto.

---

As of this morning, the wind has stopped.  The tides are going to be big today - big high tide and nice negative low tide.

Below are the charts for the Fort Pierce area.

Source: MagicSeaWeed.com

The surf will be decreasing.


Source: MagicSeaWeed.com

It looks like there won't be much additional improvement to beach conditions.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net