Wednesday, January 3, 2018

1/4/18 Report - Winter Storm Grayson and Treasure Coast Beach Conditions. A Virtual Tour.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

John Brooks This Morning
No Erosion.
Yesterday I got up and did some cleaning up around the yard this morning.  It was a pleasant morning.  There was only a slight breeze and the termperature didn't seem bad.

Later that morning I decided to go check out some local beaches.  I could see rain up ahead as I drove.  I got to the beach, got out of the car, and walked out on the beach to take a look.  By that time it was windy and raining.  Then a front passed over.  The wind picked up and the temperature dropped twelve degrees in just a little over a half hour.  It was really windy and chilly.

After the front passed through, the sun came out a again and the temperature increased a few degrees, but it was really chilly for a while.  It reminded me of a time back in the eighties when I found a good number of reales in not more than a half hour.  It was cold that day.  I-95 up by Daytona froze over, but that is a story I'll have to tell some other time.

The above photo is the only one I took yesterday, but Joe D. took photos of a lot of the beaches.  I'll post them below.  The following photos are by Joe D.

Fort Pierce South Jetty Park Yesterday Before Sunrise

South of Fort Pierce Jetty Beach.

Rio Mar Beach.

Vero Beach

Vero Wall
Turtle Trail Parking Lot Near High Tide
Turtle Trail

Seagrape Trail

Wabasso


Wabasso

Golden Sands

Ambersands
Treasure Shores.

Joe took those photos as he was going north.  He also took a few later when he was headed back south.  Below is one of those later photos showing Turtle Trail with the tide out.

Turtle Trail With Tide Out
Below is Joe's summary.

Stopped back at Turtle Trail, Rio Mar, Fort Pierce inlet, and Fredrick Douglass! Nothing much to find but a few clad, aluminum, and iron! Beaches very flat at low tide! No cuts except eroded dunes at high tide! Fredrick Douglass no cuts at dunes! Long day, and conditions less than ideal for finding! I hope the others did better!

Thanks for all the photos and the report Joe.  That will give anyone that might be interested an idea of how the different beaches are shaping up, and that can save a lot of time and travel.

I looked at a couple other beaches and noticed very few shells anywhere that I was.

I have to apologize for the arrows in the middle of some of the photos.  That is my fault.  To post the pictures without the arrows takes me a lot more time and I was wanting to finish up. i had lost some of my work earlier and was running short on patience.  Hopefully you won't find the arrows to be a big problem.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net