Friday, April 13, 2018

4/13/18 Report - Beach Access Petition. Cheating Die. Gilt Ring. How To Find Out What Facebook Has On You.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Copper Alloy Ring With Very
Slight Amount of Gilt Remaining.
Most of the gilt was present before cleaning, but most came off.  There are no markings on the ring that I've been able to see.

---
"Over 30 dice from the Middle Ages have been found in Bergen over the years so the discovery of a dice in itself is not very surprising. This dice is, on the other hand, special," wrote a team of archaeologists from the Norwegian Institute for Cultural Heritage Research on its website
A normal dice has only one number (usually represented by a dot) on each of its six sides, ranging from 1 to 6. But not this dice.
"The dice from Vågsbunnen has two fives and two fours, instead of the numbers one and two. It is therefore very likely that this has been used to cheat in games," the archaeologists wrote...


It seems remarkable to me how die found in many distant places and coming from many different time periods are so similar.
---

As I explained before, there is a lot of confusion around the beach access issue.  I posted parts of one article that shows how the media is to some extent responsible for that.  I also explained that I am not I'm not going to try to explain any bills or anything like that.  I will post other peoples opinions and positions on the beach access matter.  Sherry Y. had the following to say.


Well, my representatives have not bothered to return my emails, and I can't say that I'm surprised. .I am a registered voter in Brevard County, so the surprise may be on them when they are up for re-election.  
There is now an internet petition concerning public beach access.  Here is the link if anyone is interested:


It already has nearly 30,000 signatures.  We may not be able to get this particular bill repealed, but those clowns in Tallahassee might think twice before they try to pass another law restricting public access to our beaches.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Sherry Young

It seems that most of the representatives have not responded to comments and inquiries.  Maybe a lot of them do not understand the impact or care about it.  For some reason many of them are not responding to the public.

As I said before, I think it is good to let your representatives know your feelings about the importance of public beach access regardless of what any particular bill would or wouldn't do.

---

One reader of this blog is selling the largest lot left on ocean in all Flagler County.  I don't do advertisements but am making this one time exception.

The price is 1.4 million for the entire lot - 168 feet wide x 250 deep. Direct ocean front. Or 1/2 of it for 700k .......84 feet wide x 250 deep. It is 5 miles North of Flagler Beach Pier and in the County. City water,sewage, cable, etc....No HOA. County zoned. It has no seawall currently but could be applied for through DEP.  Contact btboice@gmail.com.

---

I don't know if you watched Zuckerberg being interviewed by Congress, but if you are interested in finding out what Facebook knows about you, check out this link.

https://www.howtogeek.com/346197/ever-wonder-how-much-facebook-knows-about-you-here%E2%80%99s-how-to-see/

As I've said, I don't do Facebook.

---

I may have found the first gold coin from one 20th century site that I've been seeking.  Maybe more on that some day soon.

---

Don't expect any big changes at the beach this weekend.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net