Thursday, April 5, 2018

4/5/18 Report - Who To Contact Concerning Florida Beach Access Issue. Beaches This Morning.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.


Here is what Turtle Trail looked like just before noon today (Thursday).


And below are two views of Pepper Park.


 Snow birds and beach goers at Pepper Park near noon this morning.


As you can see, there was no erosion to be seen at that time.

The surf is supposed to increase tomorrow up to 3 - 5 feet.

---

The following is an email I received concerning the issue of Florida allowing beachfront landowners to restrict access to their property.  See the special 4/3 post on that topic in this blog to see various media articles on the topic.

As I said, I will not personally comment on the wording or interpretation of the legislation, but I will share comments and opinions from other readers.  Below is one email I received from
Sherry Y with Florida representatives to contact.


Hi TG,
I've shared this on FB and thought you might be interested.  These are the Florida State House Reps who voted for this thing:




​And this is the Senate list:



Here is the note I sent my Rep:

Mr Altman,
I noticed that you recently voted to restrict public access to our Florida beaches.  I view this as a first step to making all the beaches in Florida the private property of wealthy landowners and hotels.  Please be advised that I will remember your vote when you are up for re-election.  I have also published a list of the voting records of all Florida legislators on Facebook and other social media so that other voters can voice their opinions on this matter.
Regards,
Sherry Young

Ms Debbie Mayfield doesn't publish her email (I wonder why) so I'll have to call her office.

Feel free to share any of this you think might be useful. The only way we'll get their attention is to threaten to take their jobs away.

Thanks!
Sherry Young



The salvage community should be concerned as well.  If landowners extend control of their land seaward, there will be more suits against salvage companies, especially if they choose to work close in.  There has already been action by beach front owners against salvage efforts in front of their property.

Below is another email from Sherry.




Here is the handy website for people to find their Reps:

I wonder how many of them were paid off by the big hotel owners?



Many of the politicians and their friends and backers own beach front residences and properties.

---

The wind increased this morning and changed direction for a while. It looks like the wind will only be from the north for a short time.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net