Sunday, April 8, 2018

4/8/18 Report - Another Curse TV Show. Silver War Nickel. Beach Access Issue. Stuart Bottling Works.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com

Group of Paper Thin Pennies and Silver War Nickel


1944 P Nickel After Some Cleaning.
Its amazing!  There is so much to be found if you look around.  I've been spending most of my hunting time within an hours walk from my house.  I haven't been hitting it hard, but keeping myself entertained anyhow. There is one bigger project that I've been focused on, though I haven't spent much field time on it lately.  A lot of my hunting lately has been eye-balling.

Those pennies are really worn down.  Shows what can happen.  Little wonder that so many of the small cobs are so underweight, when you consider that these paper-thin pennies are all only a few decades old.  Hard to believe that the nickel is nearly three quarters of a century old.

---

On 4/3 I published a special post with links to articles about legislation that it is said would threaten public access to Florida beaches.  On 4/5 I posted the names of the Florida representatives that could be contacted concerning that issue and how they voted on one bill.  The 4/5 post was very popular, judging by the large number of people that viewed it, so I assume that people are contacting their representatives.  

If you have contacted a representative, I'd like to hear what, if any, response you received.  

Don't forget to encourage and thank those who vote to protect our beach access too.

I'd like to post what any representatives have to say in response to your contacts - good or bad.

---

One more curse!  Now it is The Curse of Civil War Gold.  And a curse it is unless you enjoy far-fetched theories, senseless questions and Three Stooges-like bungling.  The humor is the thing that keeps me from turning it off.

My wife asked again if they ever found anything.  She was not referring to the railroad spikes or Templar Crosses that seem to show up on every show, but to the big treasure - in this case Civil War gold.  I reminded her that if they found it, the show would be over.   For the production company the goal is to create a TV series, and that is what they do.  They don't really want it to end as long as they can string viewers along, and they have one formula for doing that, which they will copy until it fails to work.  I had to laugh when the infamous railroad spikes showed up again, but moaned when over belabored Templar Cross from Oak Island made its appearance on this show too.

The highlight of the program for me was when they tried to dig up the railroad tracks and steam engine while the water kept collapsing the hole.  I have to give them an A for effort, C- for strategy, and F for results.

One of the biggest stretches was the theory that the crossing sidewalks represented a Confederate Flag.  Geometric shapes are common and can be found in most things - flags, buildings, alphabets, etc. etc.

One of the biggest and most typical oooopses was that the found nut wouldn't fit the found bolt - at least not until you knock the crud out of it.

The endless blue-sky theories are tediously offered in a mysterious "Could it be that....."   You can fill in the blanks.  My example is, "Could it be that dead monkeys are in the vault?"  The answer is yes, but there are tons of much more likely possibilities

Is it possible they could find the headlined treasure?  Yes, but then they'd have to come up with something else.

---

I recently got interested in looking at where bottles and other items found on the Treasure Coast came from.  Many bottles tell where they were bottled.  As you would expect, a lot of the bottles found here were bottled locally, but many came from long distances.  Found bottles will tell what the people on the Treasure Coast were drinking, but also perhaps tell something about where people were coming from and where the goods consumed locally were coming from over the last century or more.

I'll get into that more in the future, but here is one bottle that was locally bottled that I have not been able to get much information about.

STUART BOTTLING WORKS Embossing.
Below is the entire bottle.  I've found several of these, but have never found out what was in them or the dates when the Stuart Bottling Works was in operation.  It looks like it could have been a soda bottle.

Bottle From Stuart Bottling Works.

I'd appreciate any information you can give me about the Stuart Bottling Works.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net