Thursday, April 26, 2018

4/26/18 Report - Treasure Hunters Cookout Saturday. Art McKee in the Florida Memory Project.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Art McKee Being Suited Up
Source: Florida Memory Project (See link below).

... In 1937, a commercial fisherman showed McKee a pile of ballast stones and cannons off Plantation Key, and McKee began to find Spanish silver coins, including one gold escudo coin dated 1721. Curious about his find, he wrote to the Archive of the Indies in Spain and received a packet of documents relating the fate of the 1733 Spanish treasure fleet that was wrecked in the Florida Keys during a hurricane. From translations of the documents, McKee learned that the wreck off Plantation Key was the Capitana, El Rubi Segundo, flagship of the fleet. During the next ten years, he and his partners searched up and down the Keys, exploring more than 75 shipwrecks...


Art Riding the Anchor.
Source: See link below.

I ran across this section on Art McKee in the Florida Memory photo collection.  

I ran into Art when I was down in the Keys years ago.  He was a friendly fellow and often gave personal tours through his museum.

Here is the link for more on Art McKee.


That is Saturday.

---

My Comcast phone and internet connection has been terrible for weeks now.  I lose the service almost everytime I really need it.  I called up to have a billing adjustment because of the poor service for weeks despite reports to their technicians and they wouldn't give me a credit like one of their representatives said they would because they didn't have many calls from me.  They didn't count the calls when I got a recorded message saying that service was out in my area and the other reboots I did over the phone I guess.

Any body else having daily problems with Comcast phone and internet?  If so, make sure to report everytime and keep a record of it because if you don't have it all documented, it seems they won't credit you.  Very poor service and exasperating response from them!

---

According to my Google Blogger Stats I passed 2 million page views yesterday.  I don't know exactly how those stats are different than the hit counter on the first page of the blogger.  Anyhow, 2 million seems like a lot.

I expect to have more on cache finds to post soon.

The surf is only about 2 - 3 feet for the next couple days, so enjoy the picnic.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net