Sunday, July 22, 2018

7/22/18 Report - A Different Type of Treasure: Sights at Sunrise. Value of Russian Shipwreck Way Off.

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Treasure Coast Sunrise
Going to the beach over the years, I've seen some pretty sights.  I only wish I had a camera for some of the great ones that I missed, but I did catch a few nice ones at the beach or on my way there.

Early Morning Fishing on the River.
Dock on the Indian River.
I never changed the color or anything on any of my photos.  That is how it looked and how the camera caught it.

Jensen Beach From Across the River.

Sunrise on the Indian River.
In the past I sold some of my photos, but just being there to see it was another kind of treasure.

Hopefully I'll be able to find some of my better ones.

----

I provided a link a couple days ago to an article about a Russian warship containing a large amount of bullion and coins.  According to an article in NumismaticNews, the value of the treasure was way to high.  Here is a link to that article.

http://www.numismaticnews.net/buzz/sunken-gold-worth-billions-found

Thanks to RinkRat for that link.

I always try to give the link to any articles I post.  One reason is to give credit to the original author and publication, and another reason is so you an go and check out the story for yourself.

I once did a radio show and occasionally interviewed authors.  I got a lot of free books that way even though I wasn't interested in most of them.  Authors want to get as much publicity as they can.

I was once asked to do a post in a writer's blog so author's would know how to get radio interviews and publicity for their books.  Book publishers want to know that you have an audience or are able and willing to generate one before they will publish your book.

Back to the Russian shipwreck story.  My first thought was that the treasure was going to belong to Russia no matter who found it.  Too often the group that does the work and makes the discovery gets nothing for it.  I can't see that there is much incentive to even report such as discovery the way things are.

---

I was having such a hard time finding my photos that I about gave up on doing a post today, but just decided to post some of the nice pictures that I found.

Nothing of interest in the Atlantic right now.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net