Friday, February 1, 2019

2/1/19 Report - Spanish Coins, Cannon Ball and Various Other Recent Finds From the Treasure Coast.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Recent Beach Finds.
Submitted by Jonah M.
I am receiving photos of finds from the past few days.  The finds above were submitted by Captain Jonah Martinez who said, This pic is everything found together not excluding the cannonball. All the different size balls are neat. Lots of melted lead, musketballs, tacks, nails, piece of a broken silver buckle, 2 silver coins, ring I’m not sure if it’s silver but looks close. And a 9 lbs cannonball. A good time with some friends. 

Beach Erosion Where Finds Were Made.
Photo by Jonah M.
Jonah said after they found some good erosion.  Conditions remained favorable so they kept checking that location and some other beaches.

Here is another view of the finds.

Coins and Finds
Photo by Jonah M.
And here is the 9 pound cannon ball find.  Jonah commented on that being an interesting recovery.

Cannon Ball Find.
Photo by Jonah M.
Thanks Jonah.

I figure that the Treasure Coast is about a hundred miles of beach.   A lot of my focus has been on a few locations, but other places eroded too.

Joe D., for example, hit Juno on Wednesday before hitting John Brooks on Thursday.

Juno Beach Wednesday
Photo by Joe D.
He found the following items there.

Finds Made by Joe D. at Juno Beach.
I've heard of hunts from various other places as well, but that is all I'm going to post today.

I've also been in conversation with a long-time diver for Seafarer Exploration Corp., and expect to be posting more on the "Inca" funerary mask some time before long.

I'm starting to feel better, but I've lost eight pounds in fewer days. At that rate, I'll soon fit into my old wet suit again someday.

That is all for now,

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net