Thursday, January 31, 2019

1/31/19 Report - Detectorists Thoroughly Cover South Hutchinson Island Wreck Beaches Today Without Much Luck.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.


First the important business: Sebastian Steve has some health issues and can use your prayers.

---

John Brooks Beach Wednesday.
Photo by Joe K.
I received these two photos from Joe K., who has been reading this blog regularly, but this is his first attempt at sharing photos.  He wondered how they came out.  My answer is excellent  They are better than the ones I posted.  He also provided the necessary info such as where and when.  It seems they were taken a little before the ones that I posted yesterday.  You can compare these with those and see what happened in a short amount of time.

There is a lot to look at in those two photos.  The bottom one is very dramatic.  

John Brooks Beach Wednesday.
Photo by Joe K.
And here is another photo from Wednesday.  It is of Pepper Park, and was submitted by Dale J., who has contributed several photos lately.

Pepper Park Wednesday.
Photo by Dale J.

That illustrates how different beaches vary.  Pepper is not nearly as cut as John Brooks.

Thanks much guys!


John Brooks beach was very thoroughly detected on Thursday, starting in the early morning hours.

John Brooks Early Thursday Morning.
Photo by Joe D.
Joe D. arrived at John Brooks this morning before sunrise and was soon joined by two other detectorists.

That beach already looks like it has deteriorated since yesterday.   Looks like I was overly optimistic about the level=-four beach conditions rating I issued yesterday.

Near 10AM Joe  sent me this message:  Only a penny so far, zero trash! Cleanest beach around, im sure! Used my silver wedding ring to test a few times just to make sure it was not me or detector error!! Six others besides me by 9:30! Interesting to watch the different equipment and techniques used, but not much digging by anyone!

John Brooks A Little Later.
Photo by Joe D.
I heard that twelve or fourteen detectors could be seen at John Brooks and Frederick Douglas once today.

At the end of the day Joe reported a few pieces of aluminum that were buried 4 to 9 inches deep.  He was using an AT Pro with a 8.5x11 DD coil.

I didn't get an reports from Vero and north today, so I don't know what was going on up there.

   ---

I don't know of anymore finds being made today on the Treasure Coast.  I haven't yet received the photos of the finds made earlier, and some people wait a while before reporting.

I any case, at this point I think I should have gone no higher than a level-3 beach conditions rating.  That is the way it seems now.  We'll have to wait to get a better idea of what all was found.

It looks like we'll have a two to four foot surf for the next several days.  At this time I'm not expecting any further improvement.

Thanks to everybody for all the reports.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net