Sunday, April 21, 2019

4/22/19 Report - Treasure Coast Area Find Made Last Week. Native American Artifacts of Precious Metals.


Written by the treasureguide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com


Recently Found by Cole S.
Photo submitted by Jonah M.
Some of the guys were recently checking out a washed out area and found this nice bottle.  It looks to me like an 18th century wide cylindrical mallet style bottle - probably of English or Dutch manufacture.  

If someone can correct that or add to that, please do.

Here is a closer view of the top and bottom.


A cork would go in the top and a string or wire would secure it.



These bottles can bring a good price.

Thanks for sharing guys.

As I often say, there is always some place to look and something to find.  When conditions are not good for one kind of hunting, they can be good for another type of hunting.

---

Gold Pendant
Silver Tablet.

























Above is a gold pendant dated to 800 to 1500 AD.  It came from the St. Marks Wakulla area of Florida.

And on the right is a Calusa silver tablet from Charlotte Harbor area.

Those are two examples, of native American artifacts made of precious metals.  I don't know the purity of the gold pendant.

The finds were posted on the peachstatearchaeologicalsociety.org web site under the artifact identification section.

I posted them in my 10/28/14 post, and I recently found them by accident when I was looking for something else.

I've posted so much that I forgot a lot of it.  I found the above items, as I said, when I was looking for something else after my search led me back to this blog.

Don't forget the search box, which you'll find on the top of the first page of this blog.  


---

The tides are still pretty big with negative low tides, but the surf is running around two feet.

Monday morning I checked a few beaches, and it seemed they were filling in.  Some of the better spots deteriorated.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net