Friday, April 19, 2019

4/19/19 Report - Some Beaches Not Looking Bad on Good Friday. Take a Look.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Detectorist at John Brooks Near Low Tide Friday.
I hadn't been out for quite a while, but went out to take a look at a few South Hutchinson Island beaches this afternoon.  There were some decent looking beaches.  The beach fronts were low, as you can see above.  There were a few shells scattered near the low tide line.


John Brooks Friday Afternoon.

At John Brooks there were some cuts both to the south and north.


Frederick Douglass Beach Friday Afternoon.

Frederick Douglass beach was similar to John Brooks.


Frederick Douglass Beach Friday Afternoon,.


Shells on Frederick Douglass.

One of the regulars was detecting down at Dollman (below) where it was heavily cut a week or two ago.  Naturally it had changed some since then, but there was nice spot down where he was.



I believe most of the coins down there was coming from the eroded nourishment sand, but from what I could tell, some things were washing in as well.  Not only were there shells, but also a few fossils, which I doubt came out of the renourishment sand.  I'd bet some of the other beaches are looking decent too.

Overall, today I saw some beaches that I were worth working.  Based upon the few beaches I saw I would give a 2 rating on my five-point treasure beach conditions rating scale.  That is what I call transitional.  A few older things might be found, but it wasn't bad at all for finding newer targets.  I know a lot of clad and a few pieces of gold would be found.  

I didn't get any word on what is happening in the Vero and Sebastian areas and haven't been there.  I would suspect that at least one or two that tend to benefit from south winds aren't bad.

Here's one more.


South of Pepper Park Friday AM
Photo by DJ



Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net