Friday, April 12, 2019

4/12/19 Report - Beach Conditions On The Treasure Coast. Florida Meteor Sighting. Sedwick Auction Online Now.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.


Fort Pierce Inlet Early Friday Morning.
I went out to take a look at some South Hutchinson Island beaches this morning.  They were all pretty similar.  New mushy sand had accumulated at a the front of the beaches, as you can see above.


John Brooks Beach Friday Morning.
John Brooks, like all the other beaches I saw this morning had new mush sand at the front of the beach.

Frederick Douglass Beach Friday Morning.
There were mosquitoes this morning.  They were really bad at Blind Creek.  It reminded me of the worst mosquitoes I ever encountered many years ago at Key Biscayne.  I got out of the car, but quickly put my detector back in the trunk and went to Miami Beach.  When I got to the Miami beach and opened my trunk to get my detector, a bunch of mosquitoes flew out the trunk.   They got a ride from Key Biscayne to Miami.


Previously Cut South Hutchinson Island Beach Now Filled Again.
I guess it was about two weeks ago that this beach was nicely cut.  I was working it and getting digging lots of good things.  I left some targets there because my back was starting to tell me that I better quit.  I hate to leave hot spots unfinished and it bugged me for the next week or two until my back finally felt pretty good.  Now it is too late - at least until it opens up again in the future.

When it is hot it is hot, and when its not, its not.  Make hay while the sun shines - or should I say while the window of opportunity is open.

There was a line of shells along the high tide line at all of the beaches I looked at this morning.

Shell Pile I Saw This Morning.
Not all shell piles are the same either.  Some are more significant for treasure than others.  These shells are not that significant.  There were no fossils in with these shells either.  At some of the beaches, the better shell piles will contain fossils.   This is a beach where you'll see some fossils when  good are things washing in.

---

A meteor lit up the sky in North Florida on March 30.

Here is the link.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/31/us/meteor-florida-trnd/index.html

---

The Sedwick Coins auction is online and bidding has begun.  There are a good number of bid already.

Here is the link.

https://auction.sedwickcoins.com/auctionlist.aspx

As usual there are tons of coins offered, including cobs and shipwreck coins, US coins and world coins, artifacts and paper money.

There are quite a few items of interest.  Yesterday I mentioned some of the nuggets from Rio Mar that were being auctioned.  You can learn from browsing the auction offerings, especially if you read the lot descriptions.

There are some great coins and even some ugly little cobs.  There is something for everybody.

I saw some interesting things that I'll probably talk about a little more in the future.

---

The surf is small now but will be increasing up to three or four feet before long.  The tides are not very big now, and the wind will be southerly, so don't expect much out of the modest increase in surf.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net