Friday, September 20, 2019

9/20/19 Report - So Much Wind, So Little Erosion. Jupiter, Hobe Sound, and South Hutchinson Island. A Few Finds.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Jupiter Inlet Beach Friday Morning.
Photo by Joe D.


There was a lot of eroded renourishment sand just south of the Jupiter Inlet this morning. You can see that in the above photo by Joe D.

After visiting the beach this morning, Joe decided to detect at an inland site and found his first pocket watch.



Pocket Watch Find.
Find and photo by Joe D.


Hobe Sound Thursday Morning.
Photo by Joe D.

Yesterday Joe took the above photo at Hobe Sound.

Congratulations on the pocket watch find Joe!  Very nice.  Thanks for sharing.



John Brooks Early Friday Morning.

I looked at John Brooks and Frederick Douglass along with a couple other South Hutchinson Island beaches.  Despite all the wind and surf, there were no cuts.  It wasn't very impressive at all.  Still pretty mush.

John Brooks Early Friday Morning.
I didn't detect either of these wreck beaches, but went where I thought I could find some easy targets to practice with the Equinox.

Frederick Douglass Beach Early Friday.
Yesterday I did the same thing.  I have not detected very much this year and had some fun picking up 54 coins in just a little over an hour.  Nothing good though.


54 Coins Dug Yesterday.
Today I did the same thing, but didn't detect as long and only got a few coins, but did get a silver and diamond ring.  It is marked 925.  I'd think they are diamonds because they are so small I can't see any sense in making fakes that small.  

The ring was broken and gave a very weak/poor signal.

I'm sure some people are getting frustrated that all this wind and surf isn't helping the beaches more.  

I could see that there was a huge amount of sand in front of the beach yet.

Humberto seems to be off the map now, but Hurricane Jerry is still out there.


Source: nhc.noaa.gov

It looks like the surf will remain fairly big for a couple of days.


Source: MagicSeaWeed.com.


Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net