Sunday, September 15, 2019

9/15 Report - Photos From Around the Treasure Coast and More High Surf Predicted.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

John Brooks Saturday Evening
I got out last evening just before dark to look at a few beaches.  Here is John Brooks.  There was no new erosion there.  There was none at Frederick Douglass either.


John Brooks Beach Saturday Evening.


Turtle Trail Saturday Morning.
Photo by DJ
DJ took these photos of Turtle Trail on Saturday.  It looked better than what I saw on South Hutchinson Island.  Note the increased slope on the front beach.

Turtle Trail Saturday Morning.
Photo by DJ
DJ also sent the following photo from Rio Mar.  It also has a slope on the front and some black sand.

There is still a lot of sand there.  I can remember when there were a bunch of huge concrete blocks showing there and the beach was cut back into the dunes.



Rio Mar Saturday.
Photo by DJ

























Vero Near Mulligan's 
Photo by Gaylen C.
Galen C. sent these photos of the Vero area.  People sometimes forget that silver reales have been found in that area.  I remember one found right in front of the Holiday Inn.


Vero Boardwalk
Photo by Gaylen C.
There has been a lot of talk about the Vero Boardwalk.  There has been erosion there for quite a while.


Source: nhc.noaa.gov
Humberto is moving away from us, and the other system in the Atlantic is still far away.


Source: MagicSeaWeed.com

The surf predictions don't look bad.  If they are correct, we will be getting some higher surf for an extended period.  Tuesday or thereabouts, we'll be getting some north winds.  All of that surf should help some.

Beach conditions have been generally poor for a few years now.  All of the sand from the beach renourishment projects has not helped.  Most beaches still have a lot of sand.

The Vero area looks a touch better than the South Hutchinson Island beaches.

There are still places out there where there has been enough sand moved to uncover modern items.  Last night after checking out John Brooks I stopped a little to the north on the way back and quickly picked up 19 modern coins in a short amount of time.  That was my third test of the Equinox in the field.  I only dug coins.  I didn't dig one piece of junk, and I didn't dig anything better.  I was moving ridiculously fast.  It wasn't a fair test.  My wife was with me and it was getting dark and we got hit by a passing rain shower.  I could have easily missed a piece of gold or something.  It has been surprising me how many modern easy modern coins are out there to be found.  I guess folks are focusing on shipwreck stuff even though they have been difficult to find.

Thanks to all those who sent photos.  You make this possible and help everybody.


Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net