Friday, January 17, 2020

1/17/20 Report - Treasure Auctioned by Ward Estate. Nice Dated Four-Reale. Electrolysis. Frederick Douglass Report.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

1702 Four Reale
Photo by JaminJackUSA
I received the following message along with coin photos form JaminJackUSA.

I had the pleasure of meeting a member of Bruce's family metal detecting at Turtle Trail many years ago. They were fascinated that I knew who he was and knew him when I was younger. I actually met him on a beach in late 60s in Ft. Pierce. He even showed me where and how to identify shipwreck coins. This beach back then was called Colored Beach, now known as Douglas Beach.

Now to the present. I was tipped off about his estate going to an auction. (Bruce had moved away from Ft. Pierce area, and eventually passed away years, ago.) There were flintlocks, cannon balls, a caravacas cross, and 100s of encrusted coins. Few were clean, but most were in clusters, etc. There were 8s, 4s, 2s, 1s, and halves!

Below is one of the coins that has been through an electrolysis process. At the time I am just trying to clean the lots I won. Later, I may sell some of them.


Dated 1702 Four Reale
Photo by JaminJackUSA


What a shock and extremely rare! I have found a few 1 reales from Charles II, but never a 4 reale Phillip V!! 

And below is a photo of an electrolysis setup from JaminJack.


Simple But Effective Electrolysis Setup Using Battery.
Photo by JaminJackUSA




COA From Estate Auction.
Photo submitted by JaminJackUSA

---

Frederick Douglass Beach Early 1/17
Photo by Steve M.

Steve M. sent the following message along with the photos from Frederick Douglass beach.

 We hit Douglas Beach today Thursday, around 8.   Washed down wall since last week.   Very Shelly only found tiny bits of aluminum beer cans , and rusty nails.   Beach still convex.   Surf about 2-3 foot.


Frederick Douglass Beach Early 1/17
Photo by Steve M.

Frederick Douglass Beach 1/17
Photo by Steve M.

Steve also sent photos of the kinds of things he's been finding at Frederick Douglass such as those on the plate below.  

Shells and Things From Frederick Douglass Beach.
Photo by Steve M.

He said he looks for all kinds of things while detecting, including shells, fossils, sea glass, and old artifacts, such as pot shards.  I very much advocate that.  Not only are the other items interesting on their own, but they can give you valuable clues.

Thanks for sharing Steve.

---

I had some other topics that I started but I put them off for a short while because I've been getting timely beach photos that need to be posted while they are current.  That's great.  I'll have time to continue the other topics in the near future.

This morning the wind started and undoubtedly the surf is building.  We will have that higher surf for not much more than a day.

Source: MagicSeaWeed.com

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net