Sunday, January 5, 2020

1/6/20 Report - Beach Conditions Sunday. Mystery Find for ID. Time to Consign.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Turtle Trail Sunday Morning,
Photo by Steve M.

Steve M. visited Turtle Trail Sunday morning and sent these photos and the following report.


Beach had some cuts down near the water about 2 foot.   Beach above that was still high.    About a quarter mile south of the walkover, the green bags are still visible for another quarter of a mile along the middle of the beach.   Just junk and one dime.   Several sharks teeth. Surf was 2 to 3 foot.   Very windy.   Glad I did a great modification to my headphones...   

Turtle Trail Sunday Morning.
Photo by Steve M.

Turtle Trail Sunday Morning.
Photo by Steve M.

Turtle Trail Sunday Morning.
Photo by Steve.
Finds by Steve (left) and his wife (right).
Thanks for showing the types of objects that were found Steve. That helps a lot. Steve also had a good tip on a modification that can be made to your earphones. Here is what he said about that.
I bought some headphones from Harbor Freight that have very good springs.   They keep out the wind and underwater they stay on tight.   Good modification to do.


Earphone Modification As Implemented by Steve M.

Thanks for the great photos and report Steve.  Also I think the earphone modifications is great.  I found the submersible Minelab Equinox earphones loose and noisy.  I think this will help.

---

Captain Jonah sent me the following.

My daughter and I were doing a little river hunting. Finding some neat broken bottles and glass and she dug this up. Not sure what it is or age but thought maybe you could help her ID it with years of knowledge. Thanks for any help.
Mystery Find for ID
Photo by Captain Jonah.
I haven't done any research yet, but I'm thinking the "MADE IN JAPAN" marking puts it in the 1920s or 1930s. If the normal position is as shown on the left, I'd guess maybe something like a restaurant tooth pick or condiment holder. I'm sure somebody can some up with this. Let me know what it is. --- April 29-30 will be the next Sedwick auction. Time to consign.
---

The surf will be decreasing for a few days but increasing again towards the end of the week.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net
























rare and infrequent events have the largest effect.