Wednesday, January 22, 2020

1/22/20 Report - T. C. Beach Conditions Rating Now A 3. Some of the Treasure Coast Beaches.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Seagrape Trail on 1/21/10
Photo by DJ
I often hear from people tell me how much they like the seeing the beach photos, beach reports and finds.  I guess that is one reason the readership continues to grow without any advertising or promotion and why many of you have been with me for over ten years.  You get some idea of what some of the beaches look like before you decide where or when you want to go.  It's just a little information to add to your decision processes.  I wish I had a site like this back years ago.  It would have saved me a lot of time and wasted trips.

DJ took the above photo yesterday.  You can compare that to the photo I took of Seagrape today.

Seagrape Trail 1/22
As you can see not much changed overnight on that beach.  Below is the view to the north today with some rain starting.



Here is what Wabasso looked like yesterday, thanks to DJ

Wabasso Beach 1/21/20
Photo by DJ
Obviously, Wabasso Beach is open again now.  I'm surprised how little they did after the beach was closed for so long.

I took a photo of Wabasso today, but Wabasso hadn't changed much, so I won't bother to show that photo.  It is almost the same.

Ambersands had a six-foot plus cut to the south today.

Ambersands Beach 1/22

Six-Foot Plus Cut at Ambersands 1/22

Below is the other direction.


Ambersands Beach 1/22

Ambersands is as far north as I went today.

I also visited Turtle Trail today.  The cuts there were not as high as Ambersands, but it had some nice erosion.


Erosion Control Bags at Turtle Trail 1/22



Turtle Trail Between the Flag Poles 1/22

Turtle Trail Between the Flag Poles 1/22.

I tried to get this done as soon as I could.  I can't type while I metal detect.  I was getting emails from people waiting to see my report, so I got it done as soon as I could.

It was raining from time to time so I was limited in when I could take photos, because I didn't want to drown my camera.

Now the bottom line:  I'm increasing my beach conditions rating to a 3.

As you can see from the few beaches I sampled today, not all beaches are eroding, but some were producing today.

Reales were found today.  Pictures of those some other time.  I'm tired now, and haven't really looked closely at all my finds yet.


Source: MagicSeaWeed.com

Looks like we'll have a high surf for a while.  And it also looks like the primary swell will remain northeast, but flattening out a little and becoming a little more easterly.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net