Monday, August 14, 2017

8/14/17 Report - South Hutchinson Island Beaches and Conditions. A Few Finds. Tropical Storm Gert.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.



I took a look at a few beaches along South Hutchinson Island this morning.  Beach detecting conditions were generally poor.

Most beaches had loose shelly sand with a steep slope.  Other beaches were more flat and had a layer of fine sand over the course sand.

As you can see, the surf was flat this morning.  One of the salvage boats came out of the Fort Pierce Inlet around 8:30.  I didn't see any of the others.

Seaweed was common too.

I hadn't been out much lately, but things have not changed much either.

Below are some more pictures of South Hutchinson Island beaches.













I didn't hunt very much.  Mostly I just looked at the beaches, but I did detect a little.  No matter how hard the beaches have been detected, there is usually a little something left, like the crusty coins shown below.

Two Crusty Pennies.

I don't know why they remained on the beach so long.  Maybe because people aren't bothering with zinc pennies, or maybe it was because there was a screw between them, which could have protected them.  They were the only coins I found, although I only detected for a short while - probably not even twenty minutes.

Also the following small gold earring was found at good depth - probably about seven inches.



---

There is now a named tropical storm - Gert.  She won't come our way though.  She is headed north and out into the Atlantic.

Source: nhc.noaa.gov

The surf on the Treasure Coast will remain two feet and under for several days.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net