Tuesday, November 14, 2017

11/14/17 Report - Decent Detecting Conditions on Some Treasure Coast Beaches. Reports From South Hutchinson Island, Turtle Trail and Rio Mar.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

John Brooks This Morning.
 I visited John Brooks this morning for a short while.  There were some scallops, which I tried to capture in these photos.  I don't know if you can see them very well.

There were some nice flat spots below the dips at low tide that I would have liked to check out, but didn't have time.

Frederick Douglas was about the same.  There were weathered clad coins along the slope at Frederick Douglas.  

Small Scallops on John Brooks This Morning.
 At Fort Pierce South Jetty beach there was a long high cut.  There were plenty of clad coins and there was almost no junk.  

It was a pretty good coin line - the kind of thing that might hold a ring or some surprise if you keep at it.  It was really easy detecting.  The coins were very shallow.  You could fill a pocket in a short time.

Fort Pierce South Jetty.

Turtle Trail Yesterday
Photo Submitted by Darrel S.
Darrel S. sent the above photo with the following message.


Sea bags were exposed near first flag pole. Ton of sea weed. Saw numerous friends detecting. 

My first hit was a nice piece of lead sheeting.

Broke my shovel on a large object. 

I got one hit after hit once I got away from the bags. All the sand that was on top of the bags was in front of them. 

I dug several long bolts, stainless nuts, washers, and nails. 

Most of the long bolts were very deep. I was getting into her black sand...


Thanks much for the photos and report Darrel!


Tomorrow or sometime soon I'll post and comment on some new finds. 


Jerry P. sent in the following photos from Rio Mar yesterday where he did some detecting.

Rio Mar Yesterday
Photo by Jerry P.

Rio Mar Area Yesterday
Photo by Jerry P.
Jerry said his best find was a 1942 wheatie.

Thanks for the photos and report Jerry.

There are some beaches that are producing a lot of clad and at least one beach that seems to be producing old shipwreck finds.  I'm almost sure a few cobs will be found. Maybe I'll get some specific reports about that. 

I'm a little late with this but I'd rate the beach conditions as being at least a 2 on my 5 point rating scale.  If I'd been out to do some more checking on my own, I'd given an earlier rating.  

The surf is supposed to run three to five feet for a few more days.  After the small amount of time I spent out today, I'd say there are a lot of spots worth checking out -  more if you are interested in things other than old shipwreck items.

Happy hunting.
.
.