Thursday, November 30, 2017

11/30/17 Report - British Museum Acknowledges Contributions of Detectorists. Beaches on the Treasure Coast. Its a Small World.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

John Brooks Beach Yesterday.

Frederick Douglas Beach Yesterday
Both beaches were pretty sandy.

Darrel S. sent the following beach photos, which were also taken yesterday morning.

Wabasso Beach Yesterday.
Photo by Darrel S.
Between Seagrape and Wabasso Yesterday.
Between Seagrape and Wabasso Yesterday.
Thanks for sharing Darrel.

---

The British museum recently unveiled archaeological finds made last year by detectorists.  Among those finds is an very rare Iron Age Celtic helmet from the time Julius Ceasar first invaded Britain.   Below is a link to the article about that helmet.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/dec/03/detected-amateur-treasure-troves

---

I got a very late start on the blog today so I'm going to keep it short.

I have the identity of the USMC ring and another new find to look at.  I'll post more about both of those tomorrow.

I heard from a lot of people that said they really enjoyed reading about Clint's experiences during the 1984 Thanksgiving Storm and the 1991 hunt.

It is a small world.  I think I know exactly who the fellow was that found an 8-escudo on the beach right beside Clint.  That fellow did find an 8 escudo on the beach there at that time, and he also told me the same story about the guys on the beach with a machete.  The machete story is what jogged my memory.

I'll wrap it up for now and be back with more tomorrow.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net