Friday, November 17, 2017

11/17/17 Report - 1715 Fleet Finds From the Treasure Coast This Week. Half Reales and Other Things.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.


Two Half Reales Found This Week On The Treasure Coast
Finds and photo by Jerry P.
Here are some finds made by Jerry P. this week.  Above are two uncleaned half reales.




Here is another sheet of lead.  Just a few days ago I showed a similar one found by Darrel S.  This one also has the cloth imprint that I discussed in a recent post.

Below are a few more finds made by Jerry at the same location.


Bullet Finds.
Find and photos by Jerry.


John Brooks Yesterday.
This is how John Brooks looked yesterday.  Frederick Douglas looked about the same.  There seemed to be a lot of sand in front of the beach that was keeping the waves from doing much to the beach.




John Brooks Beach Yesterday.
Near low tidea a small dip was developing on the front of the beach and some shells were being exposed.

Erosion Control Bags At Tuttle Trail.
Photo by Darrel S.
I had a few photos of the Turtle Trail area and also Seagrape Trail, but it seems my computer won't open them right now.  This beach started filling and was more filled today, especially in front of the bags.

There were a good number and variety of finds made there.  Jerry's were made I think Wednesday.  I saw pictures of several others, including more cobs, lead, pieces of spikes and a variety of other pieces.  I also heard of a high karat gold ring being found.

Although Turtle Trail seemed to be filling, it wouldn't take too much, if the conditions were right, to freshen it up again.

I had more pictures, hopefully I'll get them working again before long.  I might have to ask some of you to resend photos if I can't get them opened.

The surf will not be as big tomorrow.  On top of that the wind will be shifting.  We had a nice period of north wind, even if it didn't affect too many of the beaches.  Most of the activity seemed to be in the Turtle Trail area.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net